One year back

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: One year back

Post by oakdale160 »

HHF--i dont intend to sound rude or challenging.
Youtell us that 10y in HH was a mistake and that you are VERY content in NC.
So why the continuing involement on the forum.
Nostalgia or a little schadenfriede(sp?)
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

hhfarang wrote:
LaughTilIDie wrote:
hhfarang wrote:
Yes, for a year and a half now.
So you enjoying it back home? California I think you said or out west?
I wish I could afford to live in California, specifically the SF Bay area, but I can't so we have been in North Carolina for the last year and a half, and yes, I'm enjoying it so much that I'm angry with myself for wasting the first ten years of my retirement in Thailand. I still read this forum every morning while having my coffee and can't believe I put up with the filth, noise, heat, inconvenience, and corruption over there for so long. I have now realized just how unhappy I was as my life is back to normal; many more friends, much more active, not a care really other than paying the inflated health care prices here. That really is my only complaint.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
If you wasted 10 years of your life in Thailand and offer all the reasons why then I can't fathom out why you waste every morning reading this forum.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I can fully appreciate where HHF is coming from and irrespective of how you now feel, I can understand the interest in keeping in touch, I do the same for a variety of places I am no longer at. Its also good to hear the experiences of others.
Talk is cheap
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

oakdale160 wrote:HHF--i dont intend to sound rude or challenging.
He presumably just enjoys posting here. Just because he left the country doesn't mean he has to leave the forum. :?
If you wasted 10 years of your life in Thailand and offer all the reasons why then I can't fathom out why you waste every morning reading this forum.
He presumably just enjoys posting here. Just because he left the country doesn't mean he has to leave the forum. :? I still read the uk news. Don't live there though.

Glad to hear life is better for you now HHFarang.

:cheers:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

oakdale160 wrote:HHF--i dont intend to sound rude or challenging.
I still have family, a few friends and property there and reading the threads about noise, wild dogs, climate, corruption, expat hassles to live there, traffic deaths, bad roads, rubbish, pythons biting penises, etc., is my daily affirmation that I never want to live there again...

And I can occasionally still offer advice on the good places to eat there! :cheers:
I spend a couple of hours on the computer each morning with emails and news while having breakfast and coffee... scanning the forum only takes about 10 minutes as fewer and fewer sections are of interest the longer I'm away.
He presumably just enjoys posting here. Just because he left the country doesn't mean he has to leave the forum. :? I still read the uk news. Don't live there though.

Glad to hear life is better for you now HHFarang.
Thanks GLC. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Hhfarang I don't think you should regard it as 10 years of your retirement wasted.It was a chapter in your life that's now over. Maybe you are appreciating your home land now more because of this and I wish you good health and contentment and to be at peace with your surroundings.

I was once told by a few farang's that you will never be happy living in two country's but that is exactly what I am planning to do. My only regret is building a large house in Issan nine years ago. I should have just purchased a property in Hua Hin and locked it up on leaving Thailand.

I will always own property in the UK and will buy another house in Hua Hin in the next few years I'm 45 and working hard to retire at 56-58 and will spend half my time in Thailand and have the best of both worlds. Even my Mrs doesn't want to move back home permanently.

As regard to you still participating in this forum is a good thing you add value with your local knowledge and the forum is global for all to enjoy. :thumb:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Kendo, I think the two home solution is great if you can afford it. I think that would have kept me from burning out on Thailand; if I had been able to spend half a year in the U.S. and half in Hua HIn. Change, or variety is good and that is what I missed there. Changes in climate, and topography mainly, but living in two cultures would be a good change too.

I too built a mansion in Hua Hin sinking all my wealth into one property causing me to be trapped there financially until I sold it (took 5+ years to sell). I think your plan is a good one.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?