Only in Thailand Can...

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Only in Thailand Can...

Post by GLCQuantum »

1: ...reading a book, be considered 'protesting'.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/3 ... 23856.html

2: ...food be cooked that is construed as possible chemical warfare in other countries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... scare.html

3: ... people steal another country's idea, tweak it, then take it as their own.

4: ... you rip off the entire country for billions, yet still be seen as a demigod.

5: ... you forget about the bathroom and use the open road as your public grooming space (that's what motorbike wing mirrors are for, right?)

Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Only in Thailand Can...

Post by Khundon1975 »

Yuk, some dirty bugger has put rice under them there lovely bugs.
What a disgrace.

:cuss:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

6: ... policemen get wasted as long as they're 'not driving'.

7:... westerners do a 2 day binge on amphetamine, yet still think they can 'blend in' on their third night out.

8: ... you name a restaurant after bodily waste.

Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

GLCQuantum wrote:8: ... you name a restaurant after bodily waste.

:lach:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Only in Thailand, really..... and you want to move to.. :wink:

1. China - carrying more than 1 Bible is considered illegal (if you're lucky).... you would not like the punishment. The list is too long on other "books".
2. Yeah.... OK - you need to see some of the street stalls.... then again, the bl**dy supermarkets.
3. Hmmmm - have a think.
4. Well....
5. Pretty much everywhere ......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

9: ... they come up with, and show, TV adverts like these for public consumption.

GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

pharvey wrote:Only in Thailand, really..... and you want to move to.. :wink:

1. China - carrying more than 1 Bible is considered illegal (if you're lucky).... you would not like the punishment. The list is too long on other "books".
2. Yeah.... OK - you need to see some of the street stalls.... then again, the bl**dy supermarkets.
3. Hmmmm - have a think.
4. Well....
5. Pretty much everywhere ......
Be quiet and let me have my bit of fun... I now have Welsh lads 'avin a go in both my Facebook (Swansea lad... good chap that I mentioned from me last job) and here. Enough's enough.

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

GLCQuantum wrote:Be quiet and let me have my bit of fun...
Now, now.... I can't have mine either?? :wink:
GLCQuantum wrote: I now have Welsh lads 'avin a go in both my Facebook (Swansea lad... good chap that I mentioned from me last job) and here. Enough's enough.
Could always be said.... "What goes around..." :thumb:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

pharvey wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:Be quiet and let me have my bit of fun...
Now, now.... I can't have mine either?? :wink:
GLCQuantum wrote: I now have Welsh lads 'avin a go in both my Facebook (Swansea lad... good chap that I mentioned from me last job) and here. Enough's enough.
Could always be said.... "What goes around..." :thumb:
INITIATE MOD MODE...

Pharvey, I won't tell you again. Consider this your first warning.

:wink:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Point taken.... Head hung in shame (yet again).

Then again, in Turkey... :D :wink:

actually, quite seriously.... some eye opening "events" have been witnessed!!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

pharvey wrote:Point taken.... Head hung in shame (yet again).

Then again, in Turkey... :D :wink:

actually, quite seriously.... some eye opening "events" have been witnessed!!
I, of course, hope you're keeping safe 'n all out in the warzone but, if you wouldn't mind, could you open up your own thread talking about these, "eye opening events that have been witnessed", rather than hijacking this one.

Currently, there is a imminent threat of this thread being moved to the dusty, unread section of the forum called, 'FOO'!

If you don't mind.

Unless you can add #10 to the thread's list.

:neener:

:cheers: :cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

See what you've gone and done Pharvey...

...thread relegated to FOO. :mrgreen:

:cheers:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Life in Thailand

Post by GLCQuantum »

:mrgreen:

Protesting is a part of life here. We have the red shirts, yellow shirts and plenty of the rainbow shirts. Throw in some of the black ninjas and you have a party. Most protesting is peaceful and subtle such as the taking over of Bangkok's airport - not many were affected by that. On the other hand, things can get nasty with the red-shirts when they shoot, abduct and kill people along with the black ninjas.

Fortunately, some of the younger generation, can protest peacefully by reading books.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/3 ... 23856.html

The food in Thailand is sort of a 'Marmite' situation - you either love it or hate it. Unless you are prepared to spend a little, it is cheaply cooked in unhygienic conditions. For most... the food is too spicy to be consumed. For many - it is too bad smelling to go near.

There was one incident in the UK, involving Thai food, that triggered a scare. A Thai restaurant was pounding up some chilli and the authorities thought it could be a possible chemical attack on the capital.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... scare.html

Thailand is the land of piracy. Not to be mistaken with those cool guys on boats - they just rip off other people's ideas. Much like China, but ... at least China changes the name of their copies. Thailand just copies the name and hopes to get away with it 'ala fake rolex watch'.

If you google 'Thailand Inventions' you will come up with nothing. Nothing at all. Even the Phillipines can claim the yo-yo as their invention. Thailand... diddly squat. They will take an idea, call it the same thing, then say they made it 'emselves.

Thailand's education system is very poor. They have this ingrained belief that, anyone of wealth, must be of higher intellect and power to them. They are also taught, from an early age, to respect anyone of wealth as they are superior.

A Thai person of wealth can rip off the country for billions, while using cheap tactics to appease the poor so as to still be seen as a demigod to a large population of the country.

Thailand is getting more and more western toilets put in so... no longer do you have to squat and wipe the poo from your butt with a splash of water and your hand. With this said, it doesn't seem like they're putting any mirrors into their toilets as most of the Thai people still use their motorbike mirrors for personal grooming like: putting on lipstick, applying eyeshadow and picking spots.