Hilarious open letter to Russell Brand

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Hilarious open letter to Russell Brand

Post by dtaai-maai »

I received a link to this earlier.

"Disgruntled RBS worker writes hilarious open letter to Russell Brand after anti-capitalist publicity stunt leaves him hungry"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... ebook-post

It's quite long, but here's a taster:
But instead of doing something potentially educational, Russell, you staged a completely futile publicity stunt. You turned up and weren't allowed in. Big wow. You know what would have happened if a rabid capitalist had just turned up unannounced? They wouldn't have been allowed in either. You know what I have in my pocket? A security pass. Unauthorised people aren't allowed in. Obviously. That's not a global conspiracy, Russell; it's basic security. Breweries have security too, and that's not because they're conspiring to steal beer from the poor.
[...]
Your response to my complaint that a multimillionaire was causing my lunch to get cold was... well, frankly, it was to completely miss the point, choosing to talk about your millions instead of addressing the real issue, namely my fucking lunch. But that's a forgivable mistake. We all have our priorities, Russell, and I can understand why a man as obsessed with money as I am with food would assume that's what every conversation is about.
[...]
Because, you see, Russell, when you accosted me, you started speaking to me with your nose about two inches from mine. That's pretty fucking aggressive, Russell. I'm sure you're aware of the effect. Putting one's face that close to someone else's and staring into their eyes is how primates square off for a fight. Regardless of our veneer of civilisation, when someone does that to us, it causes instinctive physical responses: adrenaline, nervousness... back down or lash out. (Or, apparently, in the case of the celebrity bikes you like to hang out with, swoon.) I'm sure that, like turning up with a megaphone instead of an appointment, such an aggressive invasion of personal space makes for great footage: you keep talking to someone in that chatty reasonable affable tone of yours, and they react with anger. Makes them look unreasonable. Makes it look like they're the aggressive ones. Makes it look like people get flustered in the face of your incisive argument. When in fact they're just getting flustered in the face of your face.
This is the way
pharvey

Re: Hilarious open letter to Russell Brand

Post by pharvey »

Love it...... sums up the talentless pr*ck quite well.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Any guy who refers to the five senses as 'realms' is a nob.

This guy is one of those of the highest order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^Brand or the guy who wrote the letter?
This is the way
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Brand.

Thankfully we are not exposed to his nonsense over here. I can't see how he has a following.

I was sent the following link by a friend, I could only manage the first minute or so of the compilation.

I basically think he has seen a niche and he is trying to fill it. He's so fake that his long winded sentences that string a number of long, clever sounding words together that ultimately either make no sense or are common though of most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Brand doesn't worry me as he's so good at shooting himself in the foot and has virtually no credibility with anyone who has an ounce of grey matter. The people who follow him worry me more as they seem to be typically people with a chip on their shoulders about just about anything
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.