Hearing when music is playing

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hearing when music is playing

Post by oakdale160 »

My hearing is going, big problems if there is any music etc in the background.
I have much more problem hearing what women are saying, the higher frequecies go first AND if they are angry their voices go higher and I can hear even less.

My Question: Is this a curse or a blessing?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Hearing

Post by STEVE G »

I have a similar problem from working for over thirty years with jet aircraft, the frequency response is very bad. This is one of the main reasons why when I go out at night here, I stick to one of the less noisy bars. A couple of nights ago I ended up with a group of friends who wanted to go to the bottom end of Bintabaht but I didn't stay long, it was just a cacophony of sound and I couldn't make any conversation.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Hearing

Post by Nereus »

My Question: Is this a curse or a blessing?
Women are a curse, not being able to hear them is a blessing. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hearing when music is playing

Post by GLCQuantum »

My hearing is probably at about 50%. My DJing years have done a lot of damage. This is no blessing at all - its a feckin nightmare! I'm currently looking into hearing aids (bloody hearing aids at 31!).

Not a blessing... a curse I'm afraid.

:cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

any info about Thai hearing aids??
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

There's 2 places in Bangkok that I know that sell and fit high quality hearing aids. One is on Sukhumvit Soi 22 about a half klick down on the right called Eartone. Another on is calle Dmed and is on Soi Sukothai.

http://www.eartone.com/contact_us.html

http://www.dmedhearing.com/en/home

The Eartone place made my custom molded ear plugs for sleep so I could sleep with all the dogs barking in the neighborhood (and yard :oops: ).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

there's a semen's hearing aid shop on soi 11, south side, down an alleyway, there's a sign on soi 11, between thong lor and ekkamai in bangkok. they cost about 65,000 baht, have 5 programs and use a remote control to change the programs and volume.