Where would you live if you could?

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Where would you live if you could?

Post by HHTel »

But I'd be the only 'Handsome Man' there and no one to differ!
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Where I am now Romney marsh
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

My ideal would be from about May to September in an up market, historic European city and the rest of the year in the tropics. Perhaps Munich and Bali or Zurich and Bermuda, there are many places that would fit the bill but I'm trying to do my best with Luxembourg and Hua Hin. Now I just need to get the work/leisure ratio under control!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I would probably choose the place I've already lived that I liked the most of all the places I've ever been... the California S.F. Bay area. The climate is superb, more to do than any place I've been in my life, and intelligent educated people for the most part... if only I could afford it... sigh... :(

And as for all the negative comments about Florida, I lived there for four years and though too hot (for me) in the summer months, it was clean, had superb powdery white sand beaches with clean clear water, tropical islands you can drive to, the best and most family entertainment complexes in the world and decent cost of living for a place with all of that. It, along with California, were also two of the most diverse places I've ever lived as far as the origin of the population. Other than the heat and the lack of any changes in elevation (except on roller coasters :D ), I enjoyed living there. The places mentioned here and on other parts of the forum are far from the best parts of Florida (Jacksonville, Miami, the panhandle). Jacksonville is a Navy town, Miami is strictly an overrated, overpriced, high crime tourist area, and the panhandle is the redneck south, not really Florida. I grew up in Memphis and the common term for the gulf coast starting east of New Orleans going through Mississippi, Alabama, and including the panhandle of Florida was "The Redneck Riviera".
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

............ California S.F. Bay area. The climate is superb, more to do than any place I've been in my life, and intelligent educated people.................
Hmm, I did not realise that the Latinos had taken over to that extent. :shock: :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

San Francisco. The Paris of the U.S. I just can't afford it.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Well, we already live in UK, Italy and Thailand, but if we could get visa/dual nationality, then it would be Tasmania for me.
Beautiful countryside, clean beaches, great fishing, fantastic food and wine and only a couple of hours flight to a lot of family in Queensland. Warm enough in the summer, with winter temperatures just about right.
:cheers:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Deià in Majorca but I also like where I live now Poole harbour UK. We had a great summer this year, little rain and lots of sun. It's almost November, still sunny and 17 degrees. Years ago I would have chosen Bali but now because of world problems with terrorism would not want to live in a Muslim country. We have problems in the UK but not so much where I live. I would choose somewhere safe. France also would have been an option but the graffiti is unbelievable! I also think it depends on what age group you fall into.
rorysswingcoach
Novice
Novice

Post by rorysswingcoach »

Starting to look ahead to retirement within the next couple of years and having spent the last 20+ years in the Middle East we doubt we would last a UK winter. As fairly regular visitors to Hua Hin we may well end up wintering over there. This and other similar threads are useful sources of information.
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

I'm Ok with Thailand, but if I was going to split my time with a western country and Thailand then I'd probably choose New Zealand if I had 'carte blanche' to choose wherever I wanted......lovely place, climate almost perfect, relaxed social atmosphere, not screwed up and lots of beautiful places to go.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

^^ And no need for an alarm clock, the earthquakes will do that. :wink:

:duck:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.