Weather in Canada

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Weather in Canada

Post by Stargeezer »

I had rain here 2 days ago then yesterday it started doing this, Today my gazebo
looks like this. At least rain doesn't wreck your gazebo in HH. It normally doesn't snow until October.
I hope someday of being there and grouching about the rainy season. Good Luck
to all of you happy people of Hua Hin.
Attachments
Back yard and gazebo, Note the <br />neighbours one in the background.
Back yard and gazebo, Note the
neighbours one in the background.
phpQZJXZfPM.jpg (69.47 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Front yard and street
Front yard and street
phpYc1zg7PM.jpg (72.63 KiB) Viewed 455 times
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
PeteC

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by PeteC »

^ That indeed puts things into perspective SG, we are lucky here. Way to early for snow there. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Where do you live, stargeezer?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

^ That indeed puts things into perspective SG, we are lucky here. Way to early for snow there. Pete
As usual I'm going to probably be the only one to disagree. I would much prefer to be living in that photo than here. I love seasonal changes, even moderate ones like when I lived in California and Florida. I hate having only 2 seasons; hot and dry or hot and wet. That's it here. boring! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Weather in Canada

Post by hhfarang »

Ah, Canada. Was wondering where it would snow in September. Seems like you skipped fall this year and went directly between summer and winter.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I wrote:
I do view the photos of snow with fond memories... :duck: :duck: :duck:
Pete wrote:
^ I think we all like it, even the Thais. Talk to a few who have visited Hokkaido in the winter. That's all they'll talk about for months afterwards. Of course, living in it year after year with no other choice is a different story. :D
Yes, that's true Pete. Living in it 24/7 year after year would not be fun, but comparing apples to apples one would have to live above the arctic circle to have the year round extreme that would be the polar (yes, that is a play on words :D ) opposite to the climate we have here. :wink: :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think if you're born and raised with 4 seasons, you never really lose the yearning for it when you don't have it. It would take time for us to re-adapt though. I need to wear a jacket or sweater now if below 15c. I know many who applaud the arrival of each season, then bitch and moan halfway through if too cold or too hot. :laugh: They do have the changes to look forward to though. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Hey Stargeezer, your early snow made the international news and it wasn't just in Canada.

"Summer snow blankets Rockies from Canada to Colorado"

http://news.yahoo.com/summer-snow-color ... 14722.html
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:I think if you're born and raised with 4 seasons, you never really lose the yearning for it when you don't have it.
I agree! I've been in California a long time now but still look at the snow photos with longing! (Of course looking is one thing, shoveling another) :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

One thing about Canada, we sure know how to build a house and how to insulate it.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

migrant wrote:
prcscct wrote:I think if you're born and raised with 4 seasons, you never really lose the yearning for it when you don't have it.
I agree! I've been in California a long time now but still look at the snow photos with longing! (Of course looking is one thing, shoveling another) :cheers:
Yeah, but you lived in Maine for a long time. That's winter overkill! :laugh: .....but the best lobster and most beautiful autumn there is on the planet. :D
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

prcscct wrote:
migrant wrote:
Yeah, but you lived in Maine for a long time. That's winter overkill! :laugh: .....but the best lobster and most beautiful autumn there is on the planet. :D
Absolutely without question! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.