A whinge about ATMs

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

A whinge about ATMs

Post by Terry »

:cuss:

This morning I went to a Bangkok Bank ATM to transfer money to pay a bill.

1) Went to bank ATM
2) Inserted card
3) Waited whilst its authenticity was checked.
4) Entered PIN number
5) Selected English
6) Selected Savings account
7) Selected transfer to another bank (It was not Bangkok Bank)
8 Selected Bank Code
9) Entered payee account number
10) Entered amount

Message appears - Sorry this machine has no receipt available - transaction cancelled :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Why could it not tell me BEFORE I wasted my time pressing all those buttons???

:cuss: :guns: :banghead: :tosser: :butt:

Rant over

(Actually - I've joined the grumpy old phartes club having at last reached pensionable age. I therefore feel the need to have a good whinge....... :cheers: )
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: A whinge about ATMs

Post by richard »

Welcome and happy B'day Terry
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I like it when you've selected English, done all your business, and then are presented with an advert, totally in Thai language, to which you have to say whether you are interested or not, before your card is returned.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

In DK and I'm sure in other countries they show a text just after you have inserted the card,that state
there is no recieve ,and then you can stop or proceed your transaction without the recieve.

:cheers: :cheers:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Kasikorn and Siam Commercial flash a screenshot if there is no paper for a receipt and asks if you want to continue.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

sateeb wrote:Kasikorn and Siam Commercial flash a screenshot if there is no paper for a receipt and asks if you want to continue.
So do SOME Bangkok Bank ATMs
It's as though there are several different types of Bangkok Bang ATM operating on different software.

Either way it's another case of being consistent by inconsistency ............. :banghead:

ho hum.............
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

richard wrote:Welcome and happy B'day Terry

Happy Belated birthday Terry

By the way Richard is the Grand Poobah of the Grumpy Old Men's Club

Enjoy. :thumb:

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

How old or/and grumpy do you need to be before you can be a member and what does it require ?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

The last couple of posts have nothing to do with ATM's but what the hell

Kenny, you are the guest speaker at our next event due to your 'pretender to the throne' approach
bsdk1960, any age providing you can justifiably prove to winge about anything. Hang on, have a moan about ATM's and we can then get this back on topic :cheers:

:offtopic:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

I don't know if they are there are the same there, but I hate the time it takes ATMs in the UK to give you your card back. For some reason, they come out slower than glaciers. I've got stuff to do you know - GIVE ME MY CARD BACK! I usually end up scrabbling in the card slot to pull it out as quickly as I can then, the politely apologizing to the people in the queue who look at me like I've chosen a slow speed setting.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

And here's episode 2 of the whinge about ATMs

Why is it that I get in a queue behind some daffy person who spends at least 30 seconds reading each screen view and then spending another 15 seconds deciding what button to press?

:tosser:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Terry wrote:And here's episode 2 of the whinge about ATMs
Why is it that I get in a queue behind some daffy person who spends at least 30 seconds reading each screen view and then spending another 15 seconds deciding what button to press? :tosser:
That person must get around a lot, the idiot is usually in front of me! And then, when they have finished, they still stand there in front of the machine reading the receipt. :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

pdm3547 wrote:I don't know if they are there are the same there, but I hate the time it takes ATMs in the UK to give you your card back. ...I usually end up scrabbling in the card slot to pull it out as quickly as I can then, the politely apologizing to the people in the queue
Careful... somebody might nab your cash while you're busy apologising.

At least UK ATMs do the sensible thing and give you back your card *before* your cash. Nobody's going to leave an ATM before having the money they went for, but once the cash has been dispensed from a Thai ATM, it's all too easy to forget to grab your card before leaving - especially when you've been trained for years in having your card back first. I got caught out at least twice (well more than that, but the other times somebody kindly followed me and gave me the card back) after moving out here, resulting in lost cards.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Or when you end behind the "village bank manager" in the small town up north who have 10+ atm card's from everyone in the village and makes withdravel's, move money from one account to another and chek all the recives :rasta:

:cheers: :cheers: