Bournemouth Thai Summer Fair

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Siani
Legend
Legend

Bournemouth Thai Summer Fair

Post by Siani »

I had a great time yesterday, 8) I went to the Bournemouth Thai Summer Fair. It was a great event with fabulous entertainment, terrific Issan singer who got all the Thai ladies up on their feet dancing! It was a huge event with loads of Thai's from all over the UK. The food stalls were fantastic with true authentic Thai food. There was a large bar area with Chang and Singha. Thai boxing...well sort of :P I suppose as much a health and safety will allow here. The weather was lovely, so all in all a great success. It apparently is getting bigger every year, so it is a definite event to go to, if you are in the UK next August, make a note on your calendar.
I took some pictures which I will put on later :)
Big Boy

Re: Bournemouth Thai Summer Fair

Post by Big Boy »

I had been thinking about going myself, but it slipped my mind until about 8 yesterday evening when a friend told me what a great time he'd had. :?

Next big festivals that I know about are the Thai-British Bank Holiday Fair, on the Village Showground, Kings Bromley DE13 7JF on 28 Aug 11 www.anglo-thai.org ; and the Thai Cultural Day, at Brangwyn Hall, Swansea on 2 Oct 11. Both festivals should be just as good - we've already got our tickets, so we won't forget this time. :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Yes it was really good. Here is the youtube 2007...but this year was bigger I think :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icu78Uf1Zyk[/youtube]
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

There are loads of Thai festivals around the UK.

This is a helpful site:

http://www.tasteofthai.co.uk/page/thaievent.html

The next biggie is Amazing Thailand festival at Milford in Surrey, over the 3 days of the August Bank Holiday:

http://www.secretts.co.uk/thaifestival.htm

http://muditatrust.co.uk/who-we-are.html
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks caller, some good links there. However, I didn't see any reference to the Thai Cultural Association of Wales event.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I don't think its a definitive list BB, just ones they know of or others have linked to?
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

For those that can't get out to Thailand this year. A date to remember to mark on your calendar. Thai Summer Festival in Bournemouth. It takes place Sunday 4th of August at Kings Park, Boscombe, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH7 6LR. A really good event, not to be missed! I am posting this early for those that might want to combine a mini break with the fair, so will need to book a hotel in advance. If you cannot make this one, there is another in September a few miles down the road in Poole.

Poole Thai Festival 2013
Event dates: 7 - 8 Sep 2013
Event address: Baiter Harbourside Park, Poole Harbour, BH15 1UX

small_17092011095111bournemouth_thai_summer_fair_news_large3.jpg
small_17092011095111bournemouth_thai_summer_fair_news_large3.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 569 times
small_17092011095111bournemouth_thai_summer_fair_news_large5.jpg
small_17092011095111bournemouth_thai_summer_fair_news_large5.jpg (25.56 KiB) Viewed 569 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I'm getting relocated back to the UK August('ish), so could well try and have a look at the event in Poole - thanks for posting Siani :cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Don't forget your fireworks. :run:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pharvey wrote:I'm getting relocated back to the UK August('ish), so could well try and have a look at the event in Poole - thanks for posting Siani :cheers: :cheers:
You should start a separate thread about that process Pharvey. Has the LHG lived there before?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Terry wrote:Don't forget your fireworks. :run:
You can just be so hurtful sometimes Terry... As it happens, there's a "supplier" on the mine site here in Vietnam - I could swing past the Fishing Lodge on the way back to China to test some samples?? :D
prcscct wrote:You should start a separate thread about that process Pharvey. Has the LHG lived there before?
Well obviously the LHG is Chinese rather than Thai, but there's not going to be much diference with regards to the applications.....

The LHG has been to the UK on several occasions, but for never more than a 2-3 week visit. She's still currently using a 5 year multi-entry visa which entitles her to a 6 month stay each time. We're looking at various options, but will ultimately be applying for a settlement visa - whether this is done in China or the UK remains to be seen.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

pharvey wrote:will ultimately be applying for a settlement visa - whether this is done in China or the UK remains to be seen.
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that can be done in the UK - I've know a couple of Thais who tried, and were forced back to Thailand to make the application.

Points 41; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

That's my understanding BB, can't be done in the UK, unless already in the UK for other reasons for a period of at least 5 years.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -families/
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Big Boy wrote:
pharvey wrote:will ultimately be applying for a settlement visa - whether this is done in China or the UK remains to be seen.
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that can be done in the UK - I've know a couple of Thais who tried, and were forced back to Thailand to make the application.
We going off topic BB :wink: This post is about the Thai Summer Fair :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Don't worry, it was an important point to pharvey, which I didn't want him to get wrong as it could have been very costly for him. I expect it to return to subject now.

Points 41; Position 18