News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
PeteC

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by PeteC »

Say goodbye to plain coffins for the departed

"PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN - A man has moved his business with the dead to the next level by making coffins that look like a home for the person lying inside.".....

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... e-departed
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Do I believe this? I'm not sure. :?

BURGER-CRAVING BOY DRIVES DAD’S VAN 1 MILE TO MCDONALD’S

EAST PALESTINE, Ohio — A craving for a McDonald’s cheeseburger apparently prompted an 8-year-old Ohio boy to take his 4-year-old sister for a ride in his dad’s van, which he learned to drive on the internet.

East Palestine police Officer Jacob Koehler tells WJW-TV in Cleveland the father went to bed Sunday and the mother fell asleep on the couch with the kids.

Koehler says witnesses saw the boy driving and called police in the city, about 90 miles (145 kilometers) southeast of Cleveland. He says the boy drove about a mile to the restaurant, through intersections and over railroad tracks, without mishap.

Witnesses say the boy appeared to obey traffic laws.

Koehler says the boy told him he learned to drive by watching YouTube videos.

No charges have been filed.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/inte ... mcdonalds/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Psychic Dies Stabbing Himself In The Heart To Prove His Immortality

A psychic fatally stabbed himself in the heart while trying to prove his immortality.

Clairvoyant Theprit Palee, 25, was performing a folk ritual to honour ancestral spirits when he tried to impress spectators by pressing a sword against his chest in a bid to appear superhuman.

But tragedy struck when he accidentally plunged the blade into himself after it failed to snap.

Full story: Mirror
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Tragedy is not a word I'd use to describe a conman falling on his own sword.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

This is not weird news, but news from a different planet than where we are. :shock: I don't think anyone at Thai Postal Service could even comprehend this.

Free USPS tool lets you preview your mail delivery

"Is that long-awaited letter going to show up today? A new U.S. Postal Service feature breaks the suspense, giving users a daily preview of the mail to be delivered."....

"Postal customers can sign up online at informeddelivery.usps.com. Images of the envelopes for each piece of letter-sized mail going to a specific address are made automatically at the sorting facility and either e-mailed to the recipient or displayed in the user’s dashboard."......

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/26/f ... -delivery/
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I found this while looking for the "Brenda from Bristol" general election story:

103 year old says she wishes she'd got drunk more

Sprightly Iris Essary celebrated her 103rd birthday with prosecco - and said her biggest regret in life was not getting drunk more.
Described by family as "fiercely independent" and a "smart and proud lady with a great sense of humour", Iris was born before the First World War started in 1914.
She has spent her entire life in Plymouth, Devon where great-nephew Robert Bailey and his partner Jane regularly visit her.
Jane said: "She told me she wished she had learnt to drive and that she had got drunk more often."
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Where can we get some of this? :D

Bombay Sapphire: Canada recalls gin over too strong alcohol content

"Bottles of a popular gin have been recalled across Canada after a batch was found to contain nearly twice the amount of advertised alcohol.
Officials said the 1.14 litre bottles of Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin should have had 40% alcohol content by volume when the actual figure was 77%."......

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39802317
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Everest: Man held for bid to scale peak without a permit

"A man who tried to climb Mount Everest without paying the $11,000 (£8,510) permit fee has been detained after being caught by officials and told to expect a heavy fine."......

What surprises me is that they actually have people up that high patrolling. :shock: Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39856224
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

prcscct wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 1:54 pm Everest: Man held for bid to scale peak without a permit

"A man who tried to climb Mount Everest without paying the $11,000 (£8,510) permit fee has been detained after being caught by officials and told to expect a heavy fine."......

What surprises me is that they actually have people up that high patrolling. :shock: Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39856224

They do their training at the UK School of Traffic Wardens
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Could Breast Milk Be the Next Cancer Treatment?"

The health benefits of breast milk have long been touted, but experts are now testing whether a compound found in mother’s milk could help treat cancer.

The accidental discovery of the effects of a breast milk compound, nicknamed “Hamlet” by scientists, could mean a more effective and targeted way to kill cancerous tumor cells.

Researchers from the University of Lunt in Sweden have revealed some positive results after studying the effects Hamlet has on bladder cancer patients. In the early trials, those injected with the compound began to shed dead tumor cells through their urine within days. ..."

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/breast-mil ... 52298.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Watch London rich kid use a Maltese puppy to polish his Maserati

Watch London rich kid use a Maltese puppy to polish his Maserati

A video of a wealthy Londoner cleaning his sports car with a Maltese puppy has sparked outrage.

The clip, which has been viewed more than 40,000 times, was shared on the Rich Kids of London Instagram account, shows somebody rubbing the tiny dog against a shiny Maserati.

It is accompanied by the caption: "The only way to wash the iconic 6.0 litre #MaseratiMC12 is with 100% natural puppy fur ensuring a proper polish."

Instagram users reacted furiously to the video, with one person commenting "this is messed up!!!" while others accused the person of "animal abuse."

The moneyed Londoner defended the act, saying that it was a "joke" and that the dog was not harmed.

"Look people are taking this way too seriously," the dog's owner wrote below the video. "Hero – the name of my puppy - was perfectly happy and loves being put on his back for tummy tickles and treats and I can assure you he was in NO distress when this was filmed.

A spokeswoman for the RSPCA said the video was "concerning."

"While the owner does not seem to intend any harm to this dog, the animal may have found this stressful, she said. "We would urge owners to think about how something they see as a bit of fun could impact on their pet's well being.""

https://www.yahoo.com/news/watch-london ... 37804.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

In 2013 Berlin had some unusual shop names:

SmellsLikeBruceWillis-Small.jpg
SmellsLikeBruceWillis-Small.jpg (61.57 KiB) Viewed 713 times
SmellsLikeBruceWillis-Large.jpg
SmellsLikeBruceWillis-Large.jpg (141.46 KiB) Viewed 713 times

http://rebrn.com/re/my-friend-found-thi ... -b-863331/
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Baby formula gang back at it again, faking pregnancies, and stealing tins between their legs

https://coconuts.co/kl/news/baby-formul ... tins-legs/
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Communication Chinese style:

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/c ... b88504975z

China Eastern flight emergency: ‘Hello Sydney, engine number one is fooked’

In the audio, which has been confirmed by a spokeswoman from China Eastern Airlines, the pilot appears to misspeak when trying to alert authorities to the engine fault.

"Engine number one fooked" can be heard twice in the audio.

"Continue climb to 5000," the speaker later says.

The airline spokeswoman said the audio was a "communication between our flight crew and air traffic control".

The audio sent social media into a spin, with some suggesting the pilot was trying to say "fault" and others pointing to a slip of the tongue.

"I’ll go with ’fault’ but amusing all the same," Dave Monds said of the audio posted to the Facebook page for aviation enthusiasts, Flight.

"Dropping the f-bomb on a new level," another person posted.

"Well, it got the message across ..." John Bartels wrote.
........................................................................................
China Eastern have their own pilot flight school in Australia. I guess that is where he learnt that!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Me first, Me first,

Two trains end up on same track at Hua Lamphong

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -one-track
oops.jpg
oops.jpg (62.18 KiB) Viewed 615 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!