News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by hhfarang »

^^^I wonder if they threw out the vat of curry... or will someone find a feather in their dinner?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Giant monitor lizard tries to break into apartment 'to hunt down dog'

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/318 ... -dog/#stop

A huge monitor lizard tried to claw its way into a home to apparently hunt down a small dog in a terrifying moment caught on camera.
Attanai Thaiyuanwong was in for a rude surprise on Sunday when he arrived back at his home in Thailand, to find an unwelcome visitor breaking into his Nonthaburi house.

Thaiyuanwong live streamed the terrifying encounter from his Facebook page showing he and his family trying to get rid of the giant.
In the video, the six-foot creature stands upright on its hind legs like an adult human scratching at the door knob while his mouth is latched around it.

"Hia is in our house. It's f***ing huge!", a man reportedly says in Thai according to a translation as a dog barks madly in the background.
lizard.jpg
lizard.jpg (39.03 KiB) Viewed 945 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Chemical warfare on the pitch? :shock:

Swedish soccer player removed from game for farting

PERSHAGEN, Sweden, June 23 (UPI) -- Audible flatulence resulted in one Swedish soccer player being ejected early during a lower-league match.

The Guardian reports that Pershagen SK defender Adam Lindin Ljungkvist, 25, was given a red card and sent out of a match against Järna SK's reserve team after the referee determined that his fart was "deliberate provocation" and "unsportsmanlike behavior."

"I had a bad stomach, so I simply let go," Ljungkvist said. "Then I received two yellow cards and then red. Yes, I was shocked, it's the strangest thing I have ever experienced in football."

Kristoffer Linde, who was playing on the opposite team of Ljungkvist, also admitted to the bizarre nature of the call but said he was able to hear the fart from his position on the field.

"I was standing a good distance away but I heard the fart loud and clear," Linde said. "It's the strangest thing I've seen on a pitch, and I've been playing football since I was eight years old."

Ljungkvist said he asked the referee why he was being penalized for his decision to "break wind a little" during the game and determined the referee must have believed he directed his flatulence at the opponent intentionally, according to Vice Sports.

"I can only surmise that he thinks I did it up against an opponent, but to provoke someone with a fart would be pretty bizarre," he said. "I just did a perfectly innocent fart, and got sent off for it."

Referee Dany Kako confirmed Ljungkvist's suspicions and stated he handed out a similar punishment in an incident that involved a player urinating on the field.

"I perceived it as deliberate provocation," Kako said. "He did it on purpose and it was inappropriate. Therefore, he received a yellow card."

Pershagen SK and Ljungkvist eventually lost the game 5-2 and he expressed his displeasure with the call to Kako after the game.

"To provoke anyone with a fart is not particularly smart or normal. It's nonsense – I just broke wind and got a red card," he said. "I spoke to the referee afterwards, I was annoyed, but there were no bad words. I just said he was a buffoon."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Woman Crowned ‘Miss Hitler 2016’ at Disturbing Neo-Nazi Pageant

A Scottish woman, who goes by the disturbing pseudonym “A-Bus-Full-of-Retards,” was named the winner of the Miss Hitler 2016 competition.

The pageant was held by the Britain-based radical youth movement National Action.

The woman, who was interviewed under her pseudonym for the competition, said she was an NA activist who had dedicated her life to the group. ..."

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/scottish-w ... 09262.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Monkeys to be called in for attitude adjustment:

Monkeys tear up voter lists in Phichit

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... in-phichit

PHICHIT -- About 100 pig-tailed macaques raided the open hall of Wat Hat Mun Krabue temple in Muang district of this northern province, which is designated as a voting unit for the Aug 7 charter referendum, and tore up lists of voters lists on Sunday morning, Matichon Online reported.

Pol Lt Col Banchob Uthayo, an investigator of tambon Yanyao police station, and Chatchawal Suksawat, chief of Moo 1 village, went to the temple after being informed of the raid.

They found that of the 15 pages of the voters, five had been torn up. Also torn up were seven pages of a 10-page notice containing details on how to vote, which was also put up on a notice board.

Villagers who witnessed the incident said the raid occurred late on Sunday morning. They chased and tried to catch the monkeys but to no avail.
The moneys dispersed, leaving behind the torn papers.

They said the monkeys which were responsible for the damage live in the bushes around the temple. None of them are known to have ID cards, and are therefore not eligible to vote. :rasta:

Pol Lt Col Banchob said he had reported the incident to his superiors and to the provincial election committee.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Before entering a drive through wild animal park in China, visitors have to sign a document stating they will not stop the car and keep doors and windows locked. What are the two most stupid things one can do while driving through the animal park? One that contains tigers?

Second most stupid is stopping the car, apparently so front seat passenger and driver can change seats by walking around the car.

Most stupid thing is to for the driver and other passenger to leave the car, pursuing the tiger who dragged the passenger away.

No gore in video. Just a 1 second glimpse of tiger dragging passenger off screen.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=913_1469352756
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Thai mathematics 101:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/photo/a-day- ... aug-5-2016

People visit a replica of the Sistine Chapel, placed next to the Revolution Museum in Mexico City, Mexico. The life-sized replica of the distinguished Sistine Chapel in Vatican City is:

22-metre-high, 67-metre-long and 28-metre in width, occupying a total of 510-square-metre. :shock:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Glass-coated kite string kills 3 people in India's capital

NEW DELHI (AP) — Indian police say three people, including two children, have died after their throats were slashed by glass-coated kite string used in competitions to bring down the kites of rivals. ..."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/glass-coated ... 59684.html
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Absolutely mind-blowing - puts stupidity on another level...... although this is India and there's plenty of competition for being hit with the "Stupid Stick" :roll:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

In a just released statement the Thai Police have released new photos of the recent bombing suspects. Chief General Somchai Lookitup said it was still not confirmed if the attacks were politically motivated, or if other coloured birds were involved. :shock:
sml suspects.jpg
sml suspects.jpg (22.51 KiB) Viewed 673 times
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Wisconsin farmer, 16 cows dead after being overcome with manure fumes

A coroner revealed Tuesday that a Wisconsin farmer and more than a dozen cows died when they became overcome by fumes from a huge manure holding tank.

According to WAOW-TV, Michael Biadasz, 29, was found by other farmers early Monday when they arrived at Biadasz Farms near Amherst to haul away manure from the football field-sized tanker.

Portage County Coroner Scott Rifleman said that the deaths of Biadasz and at least 16 cows are under investigation, but that they were probably overcome by methane or sulfur oxide.

Rifleman said the farmer agitated the tank and that this, along with warm upper air temperatures, created a deadly dome of air.

Bob Biadasz, the farm’s co-owner, told WAOW-TV that the tragedy only occurred because of unusual weather conditions which created “perfect storm.”

Other cows were also sickened by the fumes."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/18/wi ... fumes.html
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

This is incredible... when I read the title I thought it was a joke or there was some kind of catch or loophole, but no, this is real. I had to read the story and do the math but it works out. An 86 year old woman is drawing a government pension in 2016 because her father was a veteran in the U.S. Civil War, which ended over 151 years ago!

"U.S. Still Paying a Civil War Pension

The Civil War ended more than 150 years ago, but the U.S. government is still paying a veteran's pension from that conflict.

"One beneficiary from the Civil War [is] still alive and receiving benefits," Randy Noller of the Department of Veterans Affairs confirms.

Irene Triplett – the 86-year-old daughter of a Civil War veteran – collects $73.13 each month from her father's military pension. The identity of Triplett was first reported by The Wall Street Journal in 2014.

Triplett's father was Mose Triplett, born in 1846. He joined the Confederate army in 1862, but later deserted and signed up with the Union. His first wife died and they did not have any children. He later married Elida Hall who was at least 50 years younger. They had five children, three of whom did not survive infancy. But Irene, and her younger brother Everette did. Mose Triplett was 83 when Irene was born, nearly 87 when her brother Everette came along.

Mose Triplett died a few days after returning from the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg in 1938. His wife and daughter went to go live in public housing, and his son ran away. Elida Triplett died in 1967. Everette Triplett died in 1996.
..."

Full story: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... shot-fired
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

100 anacondas may slip into Thailand, say officials

If this story has been in the Thai press as well, we're sure to now have sightings all over the place. This is like the "green mamba" scare during the 2011 floods. :D Pete :cheers:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -officials
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Must be a hell of a good friend!! :shock: :shock:

Norway Man Rescued After Climbing Into Public Toilet

"Firefighters in Norway have pulled a man from the inside of a toilet after he lowered himself in to retrieve a friend's phone and became stuck in the tank below.
Cato Berntsen Larsen climbed feet-first into the public facility after his friend dropped the phone while urinating.
Mr Berntsen Larsen said he had volunteered to enter the tank, which is not connected to the sewer and which is only emptied once a season.
The 20-year-old became sick as he stood thigh-deep in its contents, and had to spend an hour completely enclosed in the small area.
"I panicked because I hate confined spaces," he told Norwegian newspaper VG.
"It was damn disgusting - the worst I have experienced. There were animals down there too."
To make matters worse, Mr Berntsen Larsen quickly threw up after entering the tank, which was standing room only.
The unfortunate turn of events had begun when Mr Berntsen Larsen's friend shouted for help to get his phone back.
"I did not think twice," Mr Berntsen Larsen said about his decision to go in.
But the amateur diver immediately realised he was stuck. He later described himself as "apparently thin enough to go down but not thin enough to come up again".
Firefighters were forced to destroy the toilet, which is now out of service.
Mr Berntsen Larsen sustained injuries to his upper arms and said he believed he had been bitten several times. He was treated at hospital and given antibiotics.

He was not successful in retrieving the phone."
:lach:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.