News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I ain't no trailer trash... 8)
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Randy Cornhole wrote:Bloody hell I want one of those powered Lay-Z-Boy chairs. Are they legal... :shock:
Can't be, he wasn't even wearing a seat belt :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

A Perspective..... Worth Pondering

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:

There would be:

57 Asians
21 Europeans
14 from the Western Hemisphere, both north and south
8 Africans

52 would be female
48 would be male

70 would be non-white
30 would be white

70 would be non-Christian
30 would be Christian

89 would be heterosexual
11 would be homosexual

6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth.

80 would live in substandard housing
70 would be unable to read
50 would suffer from malnutrition
1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth
1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.

The following is also something to ponder...

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness... you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation. You are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death...you are more blessed than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Don't know if statistics are correct, as this was sent as e-mail to me.
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Khundon1975 wrote:Don't know if statistics are correct, as this was sent as e-mail to me.
Obviously - it's typical of the sloppy, easy-think philosophy pervading the net.

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.
When one needs to consider our world from such a compressed perspective in order to see the need for acceptance, understanding and education, then I'd suggest that one's own education was a bit lacking in the first place.
This is the way
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Don't know about you DM but I had a damn fine education. :thumb:

:cheers:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Unwanted: The police mugshot so hated by man on the run that he sent one he liked better:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... gshot.html
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian police have arrested three homeless people suspected of eating a 25-year-old man they had butchered and selling other bits of the corpse to a local kebab house.
Suspicions were raised when dismembered parts of a human body were found near a bus stop in the outskirts of the Russian city of Perm, 1,150 km (720 miles) east of Moscow.

Three homeless men with previous criminal records have been arrested on suspicion of setting upon a foe with knives and a hammer before chopping up his corpse to eat, local investigators said in a statement on their www.susk.perm.ru Web site.

"After carrying out the crime, the corpse was divided up: part was eaten and part was also sold to a kiosk selling kebabs and pies," the Prosecutor-General's main investigative unit for the Perm region said in a statement issued Friday.

It was not immediately clear from the statement if any of the corpse had been sold to customers.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I'll never look at a kebab stand the same way again! :(
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You can be sure that men being men, everybody will measure up as a size 56mm :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

When I bought my first condoms in Thailand, I ask the salesclerk what the numbers mean, 48 or 54 mm. He said, this is the length of the condom, which made me laugh. When I tried it, it was not the length, but I still do not know what it actually means, for the circumference the number is too small and for the diameter it is too large.
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

48-54

That is the amount of times it can be washed and re used. :wink:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

balls

Post by redzonerocker »

heard this one on the radio today :shock:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1937986.html
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

TV show "Britain from the Air"...did you know....one man sits alone in the control room for all UK power with a TV set behind him. Each night when 'EastEnders' finishes, he has to draw extra power from several places around the country, as well as from a power station along the coast in France. Why? Because everyone turns on their electric tea kettles at that time, a few million. :shock: Statement made that this is the only place in the world where this happens, meaning such a significant power draw all at once, or so many tea kettles? Not sure. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

News of the weird - this just in!

Post by margaretcarnes »

He must have been on double time last night then Pete cos we had TWO seperate editions of Eastenders to watch! :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.