News of the Weird - this just in!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
prcscct
Golden Chili
Golden Chili

Re: News of the Weird - this just in!

Post by prcscct » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:18 am

Good lord! Is their beak really that sharp and so strong to be able to do that? :shock:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Before you take that story too seriously Pete, you should look at some of the other stories on that site, like:

Ceefax arrives in Norfolk

Local man Bubba Spuckler, who lives in Downham Market with his sister and their eight children, said: “We’ve been gathering around my uncle’s TV and pointing at Ceefax a lot. We have no idea what it means but I am sure there is trickery at work.”
http://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/ceefax/

Nereus
Addict
Addict

Post by Nereus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 am

Stolen from Bangkok Post letters to editor:
Fired up over ice cream I bought an ice cream for 25 baht at the airport duty free.
I was asked to present my passport, boarding pass and sign a customs receipt. This country will drown in a sea of waste paper and bureaucracy unless someone seriously looks into triviality.

Bemused Farang, Savanabhumni airport
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am

Nereus wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 am
Stolen from Bangkok Post letters to editor:
Fired up over ice cream I bought an ice cream for 25 baht at the airport duty free.
I was asked to present my passport, boarding pass and sign a customs receipt. This country will drown in a sea of waste paper and bureaucracy unless someone seriously looks into triviality.

Bemused Farang, Savanabhumni airport
They ask for a boarding pass when you buy anything at shops in UK airports as well, it's so they can claim the tax back from the VAT you pay!

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

106 year old fruitcake found in Antarctica

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40907084

Ice-covered Antarctica is one of the earth's most hostile natural environments.

But a new find by the Antarctic Heritage Trust suggests it's no match for a 106-year-old British fruitcake.

Conservators found the elderly cake on Cape Adare, and believe it belonged to British explorer Robert Falcon Scott - known as Scott of the Antarctic.

Although the cake's tin was rusted, the team said it was in "excellent condition" and smelled edible.

The New Zealand-based Trust found it in Antarctica's oldest building, a hut built by Norwegian explorer Carsten Borchgrevink's team in 1899, and used by Capt Scott in 1911 during his Terra Nova expedition.

The polar pioneer was said to be fond of this particular cake, made by the British biscuit company Huntley & Palmers.