Any vegetarian restaurants in Hua Hin?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Any vegetarian restaurants in Hua Hin?

Post by caller »

hin wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 3:05 pm For the oxymoronic aspect, saying “most vegetarians” might fall in same context as saying “most christians” whereas most who call themselves christians never go to church. The ratio might be similar. But of course there are purists in every persuasion.
That's a poor comparison. It's not complicated, if you eat meat you ain't a vegetarian, that's pretty easy to understand. Just because someone calls themself a vegetarian doesn't mean they are. If someone has a low intake of meat or avoids red meats, it sounds like they have a pretty healthy diet to me.

I could happily live as a pescatarian!
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

While not vegetarian only, almost every Thai restaurant even food stalls serve an abundance of vegetable stir fry's and the likes.
Even the meals which have pork, beef, chicken, shrimp etc you can just ask for that to be omitted, it is never a problem.
I eat hardly any meat and find I can get a vegetarian meal almost anywhere here.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
stepw
Novice
Novice

Post by stepw »

My gf is (mostly) vegetarian and we have eaten at the Carlo Italian restaurant a few times, reasonable selection if you do not want meat, but not cheap.
I can also confirm that Shiva is pretty good, again it is not a totally veggie place, but being Indian the selection is good.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I am not a vegatarian but have cut down my meat intake drastically.First, i only eat twice a day, a late b'fast and dinner. I eat a meat-free b'fast every day and then have gone back to the old Catholic thing, no meat on Fridays. So 8 out of 14 meals are meat free and I dont feel I am missing anything.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Can anyone offer an update, are the places mentioned still open, any new places or where to get vegetarian dishes. Family are visiting who do not eat meat (only white fish) and cannot eat spicy food. Quite happy to get dishes at a market stall and bring home.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've never used it, but a friend who visited recently raved about the food in the Vegan Restaurant at the end of the Shopping Mall, and I know Shiva Indian will always do vegetarian dishes (you can specify non-spicy).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Family were over recently, one was veggie and one vegan. They never had a problem when explaining their dietary requirements wherever we ate - I assume they got what they didn't want.

The biggest trouble was to cater for them at our house but I assume my wife knew not to cook in animal fat etc. There were no complaints. Oh and no nam pla.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I have not been there myself but there is a sign for a vegetarian restaurant near the railway crossing on Soi 94. There are a few restaurants on that Soi (running parallel to the railway, towards town).