Thailand's imported wine crackdown

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Thailand's imported wine crackdown

Post by europtimiste »

Maybe we have to start producing our wine at home.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Illegal to do so in Thailand! Though I believe the fine is only B400.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

NOKYAI wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm Illegal to do so in Thailand! Though I believe the fine is only B400.
Who cares illegal or not ? What are doing foreigners living in moslem countries where alcoholic drinks are forbidden ? I knew a lot of them, they bought huge quantities of grapes and made wine at home.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

europtimiste wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm
NOKYAI wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm Illegal to do so in Thailand! Though I believe the fine is only B400.
Who cares illegal or not ? What are doing foreigners living in moslem countries where alcoholic drinks are forbidden ? I knew a lot of them, they bought huge quantities of grapes and made wine at home.
People only care when caught. It's the standard Thai response, maybe the same the world over.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

handdrummer wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 4:42 am
europtimiste wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm
People only care when caught. It's the standard Thai response, maybe the same the world over.
First time caught, means not smart enough, after you are smarter than the hunters.
buksida

Post by buksida »

:offtopic: This topic is about the price and availability of imported wine in Thailand.

We already have a thread on homebrews and the legality of it here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I'll learn not to respond, mea culpa, mea culpa.