What happened to West 94St Pub

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Abbynormal
Amateur
Amateur

What happened to West 94St Pub

Post by Abbynormal »

Went by there today and the place is cleaned out. Looks like they moved or just shut down. Anyone know what happened?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: What happened to West 94St Pub

Post by 404cameljockey »

They are moving to Villa Market, bigger premises. Hope to be open by end April.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

404cameljockey wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 pm They are moving to Villa Market, bigger premises. Hope to be open by end April.
Really? Villa Market is a food shop, and I doubt very much that they will be entertaining any bar. :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Nereus wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:26 pm They are moving to Villa Market, bigger premises. Hope to be open by end April.
Really? Villa Market is a food shop, and I doubt very much that they will be entertaining any bar. :shock:
I assume this means VM by soi82 as there are many empty units in the complex there, but what about parking?
Talk is cheap
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

The owners of the property in Soi 94 wouldn't extend the lease by only 1 or 2 months, only by a year. So since they have planned to move to the premises next to Villa Market close to San Paolo, they chose to close end of this month. The new West 94 will open either end of April /early May according to their FB page. The venue is the same building which previously housed "Pizza Pizza by Yanee". They are opening in a partnership with VM so parking will be on the same premises as VM using.

For those who are not familiar with the new location where they will open, I have attached a Google Maps link below:
https://goo.gl/maps/RTirVGPRDEu

For updates I suggest you like the restaurant's FB page. You will then be able to see when they open the new place.
YNWA
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

"Hi all our valued guests friends and all those who have so strongly supported us over the past year. As off today, 3/29/2018, we are closed as we will be relocating, and will hopefully be open at our new location at Villa Market the end of April. For those who may want to order Ribs or food, we can only accommodate you by taking orders by calling us 0924711562, and we can deliver. Please understand, if you can call in advance so we can do our best to serve you we would certainly appreciate it. Cheers and again thanks for all the support and we hope this has not inconvenienced you to much."

Their facebook statement.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Their facebook statement.
It would seem that their grasp of English is about as good as yours. As I posted, Villa Market is a SHOP, not a shopping area or Mall. Secondly, there are two Villa Markets in Hua Hin. It may have changed as I have not spoken with them for some time, but I know the family owners in Bangkok, and if they do indeed own that area it must be the only shop where they own the premises. It has always been their policy to lease premises, more so for the smaller shops in case, as with Venezia, it proves to be the wrong place.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think they are moving into the corner shop where the pizza place used to be. The units just along from San Paulo.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:24 am I think they are moving into the corner shop where the pizza place used to be. The units just along from San Paulo.
Yes, huahin4forever has posted that. It may be that Villa Markets lease includes that area, but I doubt very much that they are going into any type of joint operation, especially in that dead corner.

It would surprise me less if Villa Market were to close that shop, as in fact, the last time I did speak with one of them they were very concerned about Blue Port opening.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

”It would surprise me less if Villa Market were to close that shop, as in fact, the last time I did speak with one of them they were very concerned about Blue Port opening”

I guess their saving grace could be that whereas I have always considered VM quite expensive for most things, Blueport food court makes them look quite reasonable!!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

good visibility, some parking at night, but not a big space.
Abbynormal
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Abbynormal »

I think Khomapastr owns the shopping center. They were there before it was built and are still there.

Also, the concern about a “bar” in that center is a little misplaced. 94 is a restaurant. At the old location they had a very small bar that was mostly used for over flow seating. That is why this thread should be in the “Feeding” section, not the “After Dark”.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The title said 'pub' hence it was moved, if it had said 'restaurant' it would have stayed.

Will move it back.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Nereus wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:36 am
Big Boy wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:24 am I think they are moving into the corner shop where the pizza place used to be. The units just along from San Paulo.
Yes, huahin4forever has posted that. It may be that Villa Markets lease includes that area, but I doubt very much that they are going into any type of joint operation, especially in that dead corner.

It would surprise me less if Villa Market were to close that shop, as in fact, the last time I did speak with one of them they were very concerned about Blue Port opening.
The owner is spending a lot of time over past weeks in BKK with VM management. He is in business with them. The restaurant will be in the area where the southern VM is. It won't be on the location where VM stands - they will not be closing VM.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:36 am
Yes, huahin4forever has posted that.
I know, but judging by the continued confusion, I assumed people had not read, or understood what had been posted.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18