Zab Wer Restaurant

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Zab Wer Restaurant

Post by caller »

I'm looking forward to checking it out, seriously. When I do, I will report back.
Talk is cheap
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

PBbeacher wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:52 pm
caller wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 am
PBbeacher wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:45 am

If you live on 112 then don't know how you could possibly not know where this place is!
Not really sure I understand that?
You will once you see the size and prominence of it. Hope you have a good meal!
(I have only ever had good food there, the only downside is the noise from the road)
That road is big but not really very busy in my experience. I've used it quote a bit during the day (not at night). Was nice and peaceful at lunchtime today.

On the location, once past Mahasamutra look for a staggered junction road sign 200-300 metres ahead and the restaurant is on the left just past the junctions.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

- Go to Zab Wer with your Android phone.
- Turn on data and location
- Open Google Maps
- If the map doesn't go to a blue dot showing your current location, press the round symbol inside the round white circle at the bottom right of the screen.
- Press and hold the blue dot until a Red Pin is displayed
- The search field now has two numbers, the decimal version of Longitude and Latitude.
- Copy the two numbers, paste into your post.

Readers can use those numbers in Google Maps to get directions to Zab Wer from wherever they are. Oh, you ask how? Google it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

404cameljockey wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 am
HHTel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 am I've tried 'Burgers and Beer' (not the fish and chips) and was very disappointed. I'm surprised it's the same owner as Zabwer where I've always had good food.
I guess you should try again maybe, because the dishes are cooked by the same lady (the owners' wife) for both! I've never been disappointed at B&B. What disappointed you exactly?
My mum and I had breakfast. It was tepid. The fried egg had a solid yolk and the sausages which were supposed to be cumberland, were very bland. One visit, never been back.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

HHTel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm
404cameljockey wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 am
HHTel wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 am I've tried 'Burgers and Beer' (not the fish and chips) and was very disappointed. I'm surprised it's the same owner as Zabwer where I've always had good food.
I guess you should try again maybe, because the dishes are cooked by the same lady (the owners' wife) for both! I've never been disappointed at B&B. What disappointed you exactly?
My mum and I had breakfast. It was tepid. The fried egg had a solid yolk and the sausages which were supposed to be cumberland, were very bland. One visit, never been back.
Gosh, really surprised, maybe they were too busy, even 5 star places can suffer like that. They have great sausages, never looked a for a curly cumberland though. The English owner is a really nice fella and loves his British food, and the manager there is very attentive to detail and appreciates feedback. My wife has the fried breakfast sometimes, never seen a hard yolk on her plate. Did you specify runny?

Maybe you can give them another go before reviewing them.

I have no stake in this enterprise, but do like both Zabwer and B&B, hence I'll post in their favour. :)