Steamboat/Chinese fondue in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Steamboat

Post by 404cameljockey »

MK Restaurants in Market Village, Bluport, etc., but it's not really a full-on steamboat/huoguo in my opinion. No spicy pot available and the menu items are quite sanitised (no lamb brain, chicken stomach, etc.). If you find a real chinese huoguo PLEASE post it on the forum or message me!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

404cameljockey wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 am MK Restaurants in Market Village, Bluport, etc., but it's not really a full-on steamboat/huoguo in my opinion. No spicy pot available and the menu items are quite sanitised (no lamb brain, chicken stomach, etc.). If you find a real chinese huoguo PLEASE post it on the forum or message me!
Yes please do post it on here so that I know which restaurant to avoid at all costs. :shock:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Takiap wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:14 am
404cameljockey wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:04 am MK Restaurants in Market Village, Bluport, etc., but it's not really a full-on steamboat/huoguo in my opinion. No spicy pot available and the menu items are quite sanitised (no lamb brain, chicken stomach, etc.). If you find a real chinese huoguo PLEASE post it on the forum or message me!
Yes please do post it on here so that I know which restaurant to avoid at all costs. :shock:
Don't know what you're missing!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Steamboat/Chinese fondue in Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 »

Eating huoguo in China
My friends said--try the dark meat, so I did. Then I found I had misheard and it was Dogmeat.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Steamboat/Chinese fondue in Hua Hin

Post by 404cameljockey »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm Eating huoguo in China
My friends said--try the dark meat, so I did. Then I found I had misheard and it was Dogmeat.
A nasty shock!

I would have no objection to people eating dog if it's their culture, except for the overwhelming evidence of them being stolen in the streets in huge numbers to satisfy demand, caged in completely inhumane circumstances (applies in some cases in Western farming, I know) and also dying in terrible pain in many Asian countries. If they were all bred for eating (like all the meat that is eaten in the west except for some game) then I would feel hypocritical in objectng.

I personally wouldn't touch it for sentimental reasons (I'd possibly feel the same about beef if I'd had pet cows all my life).