Millers Bakery and Bistro

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
tazj66
Amateur
Amateur

Millers Bakery and Bistro

Post by tazj66 »

Further to previous posts on "Restaurant News" glad to say Millers is now open. First, I have no connection/interest in the place other than I live round the corner (it's in Soi 91 which is about 1km South of Vana Nava Water Park opposite Soi 116) and have seen it coming together over past few months. Went yesterday on its opening day for Sunday Carvery - it was excellent! Choice of 4 meats (had slice of each). Beef, in house Ham, Pork and Lamb. The beef was great for those seeking good beef per another post here as were all the joints. Help yourself veg, including cauli. cheese, fatted roast spuds, roasted veg. and Yorkshires, crackling, stuffing, various pucker sauces and gravy, Delicious and greedy boy portions! 320 baht. Lovely starters like thick pumpkin and coconut soup and bruschetta, 100 baht each and Chocolate Mousse for pud, 80 baht. One of the chefs is Gary formerly of Mucky Duck. Proper, fully stocked bar with comfy seating and well priced drafts and bottled beer (e.g Large draft Peroni 190 baht, Large bottled Chang 110 baht and I think all wines under 900 odd baht per bottle or 90 baht for a glass of House). Every drink you can think of and cocktails 190 baht.

Official opening is October 31st though they are serving breakfast and lunch til 5/6pm at the moment. Not sure when dinner service starts but soon I guess. Menu looks very good with something to suit most tastes- traditional Western dishes, light, vegetablearian and Asian options. Looks like no sensible expense, thought and effort has been spared here in every area (decor and furniture, equipment, bathrooms, staffing etc.) which is partly why I'm so enthusiastic about the place. So many places in town OK but for me not many make me want to dash back. Being the first day yesterday I had usual concerns how smooth service etc. would be but you wouldn't know it hadn't been open for months and the service was International standard. It was pretty busy too but seats about 100 so plenty of inside and outside space.

There is also a full wholesale/retail bakery on site producing a wide range of breads, cakes and pastries to include various loaves and rolls, sweet and savoury pies, pain au chocolat, croissants, muffins, crumpets etc. Reasonable prices. Also, there are plans for a butchery to open onsite soon. I wish the place every success. It deserves it. I will be supporting it (def. Sunday Roast again next week) and urge people to give it a go - I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[Mod comment: we will allow this post for now, but it does read like one big advertisement. Our advertorials are a cheap and easy way for places like this to get noticed.]
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Millers Bakery and Bistro

Post by caller »

Thanks for the update, I will check it out. Any imported beers available apart from lagers?
Talk is cheap
tazj66
Amateur
Amateur

Post by tazj66 »

Sorry didn't notice but I'd be surprised if they don't. I'm sure I heard someone say yesterday there is or soon will be Guinness draft. I'll have a further shufty next time I'm in and update.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

tazj66 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 pm Sorry didn't notice but I'd be surprised if they don't. I'm sure I heard someone say yesterday there is or soon will be Guinness draft. I'll have a further shufty next time I'm in and update.
what does shufty means ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

bsdk1960 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm
tazj66 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 pm Sorry didn't notice but I'd be surprised if they don't. I'm sure I heard someone say yesterday there is or soon will be Guinness draft. I'll have a further shufty next time I'm in and update.
what does shufty means ?

Have a look. :thumb:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Lol. Isn't English wonderful!!
OldMan_SE
Novice
Novice

Post by OldMan_SE »

Saw a YouTube Vlog "Jonny There Is Something Happening" that was there a few days ago. I am sure they mentioned that Guinnes Draft was on the wishlist. Do not remember if a date was mentioned
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I don't like Guinness! :(
Talk is cheap
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Nereus wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:18 pm
bsdk1960 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm
what does shufty means ?

Have a look. :thumb:
Thanks for that :-D

JohnD

Post by JohnD »

'Shuff" is from Arabic for 'look'.
Also, 'bint' for girl.
Words imported from Middle East during WW1 to become UK slang.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Bought some delicious french bread from Millers today,very surprised to see that the restaurent/bistro has been closed.The young lady serving informed me that apparently they have new premises somewhere off the klong road and expect to open soon.
As a side note note,had the new pate from Ham & Bacon with the bread,full of pistachios, very different,unusual and tasty.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

JohnD wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:32 am 'Shuff" is from Arabic for 'look'.
Also, 'bint' for girl.
Words imported from Middle East during WW1 to become UK slang.
More like WWII and from Egypt/North Africa, I think.