Best Hua Hin Steak

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
kika01
Rookie
Rookie

Best Hua Hin Steak

Post by kika01 »

Can someone recommend me a good steak restaurant in Hua Hin for Saturday dinner. Thank you in advance.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Recommend me a seafood restaurant for Saturday lunch

Post by hhfarang »

Can someone recommend me a good steak restaurant in Hua Hin for Saturday dinner. Thank you in advance.
Papa John's in Takiab. A bit on the expensive side but the best steak I had in the area.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Best Hua Hin Steak 2017

Post by 404cameljockey »

I had great steak at West 94th Street, the rib/burger/mexican place where the Texan owner does the cooking.
Call a few days before to order your preferred steak cut and size because he will buy it in (not all cuts are always available in HH, but what you get will be fresh). Take your own English mustard if you need it. :)

Also the burger is ultra juicy and the BBQ ribs are what you'd expect from Texas. Prices are not crazy.

Well recommended. No desserts.

https://www.facebook.com/West-94th-Stre ... 854033775/
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

hhfarang wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm
Papa John's in Takiab. A bit on the expensive side but the best steak I had in the area.
Seconded :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Post by SunandFun »

migrant wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:15 am
hhfarang wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm
Seconded :cheers:
I agree about Papa John's if you are on the Khao Takiab side of Hua Hin. But do not forget PRIME Steakhouse across from the Hilton. Now these steaks are even more pricy but absolutely the best available.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Best steak I have had in HuaHin was at The Fishermens , it a French owned restaurant near the pier. Steak is served on a hot stone so you can decide how you like it done. Good choice of veg to go with it. I was last there in April and hope it is still there when I return next week.
For something different consider Sunday lunch at the Winery, approx 30 minute drive west, great food in a superb setting.
Eiahhh

Post by Eiahhh »

Prime steakhouse opposite the Hilton! Best steaks in my book!
Elix
Rookie
Rookie

Steak?

Post by Elix »

Where is the best place for a Good steak?
baron45
Novice
Novice

Post by baron45 »

I was staying at the Amari last year and ate here which was across the street and had a very good steak.

https://www.facebook.com/ianrestaurant/
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Beware the word Steak when looking at signage while driving.

We tend to limit its use to a beef steak. There are other uses but when we see a sign that simply says steak, we expect beef.

However, here the word simply any piece of meat that is flat.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Everyone has their own idea of what a good steak is. Americans tend to use a BBQ whilst Europeans will grill a steak in piping hot butter. I personally prefer the European style which you will get in most top Italian restaurants. Antonio & Carlo's in Hua Hin are both more than excellent.
SunandFun
Guru
Guru

Re: Best Hua Hin Steak

Post by SunandFun »

I have to take Prime Steak House off of my "Best Steak" list. They have switched from Australian Grain fed beef to Argentina Grass fed beef. The last two steaks I got were cooked to perfection, temperature was perfect as usual, it was extremely tender as usual, but the flavor was terrible. After asking, this was the explanation I was given by the manager. It goes from a 10 now to a 5.
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to mange their stupidity!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Best Steak in Hua Hin ..........How much are you ready to pay for a so called best steak ?
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

europtimiste wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:53 pm Best Steak in Hua Hin ..........How much are you ready to pay for a so called best steak ?
Whatever cost as long as it's the best steak in Hua HIn. AND they are! I've been living in Hua Hin - Cha Am for 13 years, and nobody - nobody are even close to what you get on Prime Steakhouse.
In Phuket there are another Swede who really knows how to cook his steaks, but for my money; only Prime counts.
There are other outlets in Takiab and around town who can make a decent meal, but in my opinion it's only Prime Steakhouse that is the top ranked restaurant when it comes to steak.
What I am ready to pay for?
Whatever it takes to get Thailand's best steak.
Weather it costs 1.000.- Baht or more pr person, (for imported beef) so what? It's plenty full of customers so they must obviously be doing something right!
If you have the right thing to offer, price is simply not an issue!