Nescafe

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Re: Nescafe

Post by Big Boy »

Tea - the food of the Devil. Hate it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

we drink the Nescafe red cup, buying the 400gr refills, haven't noticed any changes and prefer it to the morocco
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If you don't get a half inch of residue in the bottom of your cup, you are probably still buying old stock. Whatever it is that they have done, it is definitely noticeable.

Regarding Moccona, yes, I prefer the old recipe Nescafe, but compared to the powdery gunge Nescafe are now selling, Moccona is heaven.

I am generally careful with what I spend, but I will not revert back to the 3 boxes of Nescafe that I still have in the cupboard. That will be given to relatives when they visit and stay in Hua Hin accommodation - they will just think it's a Thai version of Nescafe.

Points 41; Position 18
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 am Tea - the food of the Devil. Hate it.
The World's Top Drink

We came to Brazil to find coffee and learn about the future of one of the world’s top commodities, especially in the midst of a changing climate and rising population. A legacy farmer in Santos, the small port city that exports more than three-quarters of Brazil’s coffee, called it humanity’s favorite drink.

But is it? We did some digging. The world’s most consumed beverage—not counting water, which has no equal—is actually a dark horse, the kind you don’t suspect. It’s not coffee, as Brazilian kids learn at early age, nor Coca Cola, as I grew up hearing in America. It’s surprisingly not even beer.

It’s tea. :lach:

http://onward.nationalgeographic.com/20 ... top-drink/
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Its interesting how CHA in one form or another is the word for Tea in Chinese, Thai and Hindi (Any more?) and I think in the UK it is a slang word for tea.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just shows how widely the devil has cast his net :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Takiap wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:57 am I was even wondering if I had bought a batch of "fake" Nescafe.
I was wondering exactly the same thing until my son looked it up on the Internet.

Of course, it's personal taste, and some may prefer the powdery texture and gunge at the bottom of the cup.

Points 41; Position 18
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

you can go to iherb.com, in the u.s. and order Mount Hagen organic, fairtrade coffee. either freeze dried instant or regular. there are also other brands available. it's cheaper and better than anything you can get in Thailand. there are also some other brands available. shipping is inexpensive and often times free. also duty free. I get coffee, various foods, vitamins and supplements from them. it takes from 8 days to 2 weeks, depending on the thai postal service, to get your order. if you have questions about the company, or products, please ask me. I have no stake in the company. I've ordered from them for years and have never been disappointed.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Makro is currently offering Nescafe Gold Blend,at a substantial discount,to Tesco and Villa Market for a 200 gram jar.In fact not much more than discounted jars of the same coffee currently on offer in supermarkets in the UK,£6.00 for the same 200grms.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:03 am Tea - the food of the Devil. Hate it.
sacre bleu! :shock:

:D

Tea is the nectar of the God's! 8)
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

oakdale160 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:52 am Its interesting how CHA in one form or another is the word for Tea in Chinese, Thai and Hindi (Any more?) and I think in the UK it is a slang word for tea.
It is indeed, as is a cup of rosie lea! :wink:
Talk is cheap
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Thai and Hindi (Any more?) and I think in the UK it is a slang word for tea.
Russian and other Slavic languages.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Just run out of our stock of Red Cup which must have been the old variety. Bought Red Cup from our 7/11 and it's horrible with the gunge in bottom as BB has said. Luckily bought only 1 packet.
I note that Moccona and Nescafe Gold has been recommended. Has anyone found any other reasonable alternatives?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I mostly drink tea at home these days, but I used to like Tchibo and Douwe Egberts. I think Tchibo is still available in the old shopping mall.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I do NOT like instant coffee, but there are occasions where I have a cup. The BEST I have found is LUZIANNE made in New Orleans (Pronounced Nawlins) it is a coffee and chicory mix.