Nescafe

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
handdrummer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Nescafe

Post by handdrummer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I just bought mocona decaf and had a cup this morning. I used 1&1/4 tsp. to a cup of water. it tasted like colored water. i'll go back to ordering from the u.s.; same price real taste.

Juice81
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by Juice81 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

I found this Tesco's own premium instant coffee from Market Village's Tesco Lotus, it's really balanced and nice. Just a couple of weeks ago this Finnish supermarket chain called Prisma took some of Tesco's products in their shelves and now I have the same coffee here in Finland too!!

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Nescafe

Post by Takiap » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm

I visited the UK Nescafe website and it seems there are many unhappy people who have now switched brands. Since I was feeling a little bored at the time, I decided to write a short customer review for their website, to inform them and other how terrible their new recipe is.

I was shocked when I got an email from them letting me know that my review has been published and acknowledged. Today, I got another email from them..............



Response from Consumer Services:
Hey, thanks for getting in touch & leaving us a review.

It's sad hear of your disappointment with the recent changes we’ve made to Nescafé Original.

Here at Nescafé we’re always looking for ways to improve your coffee experience, so we developed this new recipe, which maintains the bold, full flavour that consumers love, but reduces some of the more bitter flavours that could also be found in the old recipe. The feedback we received in consumer research was that this results in making Nescafé Original a more enjoyable cup of coffee.

Any changes to our products are the result of rigorous research and development as we believe in producing products with a great taste, consistent levels of quality and safety, value for money and convenience.

We always value feedback from our consumers and this is particularly important when loyal consumers comment on any changes we have made. We will pass your comments to the brand team who take on board all the feedback they receive for future product development.

Contact Customer Service with questions or concerns. If you no longer wish to receive notifications like this, you can unsubscribe any time.

NESCAFÉ
1 City Place, Gatwick, Crawley, West Sussex RH6 0PA
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

hhinner
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by hhinner » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:35 pm

If it's "original" how can it be a new formula? Conversely, if it's a new formula how can it be "original"?

RCer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by RCer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Takiap wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm
I visited the UK Nescafe website and it seems there are many unhappy people who have now switched brands. Since I was feeling a little bored at the time, I decided to write a short customer review for their website, to inform them and other how terrible their new recipe is.

I was shocked when I got an email from them letting me know that my review has been published and acknowledged. Today, I got another email from them..............



Response from Consumer Services:
Hey, thanks for getting in touch & leaving us a review.

It's sad hear of your disappointment with the recent changes we’ve made to Nescafé Original.

Here at Nescafé we’re always looking for ways to improve your coffee experience, so we developed this new recipe, which maintains the bold, full flavour that consumers love, but reduces some of the more bitter flavours that could also be found in the old recipe. The feedback we received in consumer research was that this results in making Nescafé Original a more enjoyable cup of coffee.

Any changes to our products are the result of rigorous research and development as we believe in producing products with a great taste, consistent levels of quality and safety, value for money and convenience.

We always value feedback from our consumers and this is particularly important when loyal consumers comment on any changes we have made. We will pass your comments to the brand team who take on board all the feedback they receive for future product development.

Contact Customer Service with questions or concerns. If you no longer wish to receive notifications like this, you can unsubscribe any time.

NESCAFÉ
1 City Place, Gatwick, Crawley, West Sussex RH6 0PA
Translation, go away.

HHTel
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2677
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:44 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by HHTel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I would guess this is a standard response, one of two. Don't allow yourself to think you've been treated as an individual. It's quite common for a company to have two responses to criticism depending upon being good or bad. Sent automatically.

oakdale160
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2814
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by oakdale160 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:05 am

it used to be that making coffee with a grinder, percolator or drip method was complicated and time-consuming. Witha French Press and ground coffee it is fast and easy-- why bother with instant??

User avatar
pharvey
Addict
Addict
Posts: 6332
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:21 am
Location: Back in God's Country

Re: Nescafe

Post by pharvey » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:43 am

Well BB, I have my phases with Coffee and Tea - Tea in Turkey superb, in China... can be wonderful and also bl**dy expensive. A "milky tea" in the UK is site standard!!

For "Instant Coffee", I'll go with Nureus and "Gold Blend".... But has to be said, we have a grinder and buy roasted beans - some great stuff. As I travel alot and am not based in HH (plus having travelling colleagues), we have "access" to many supplies!! :thumb: Not much help to the OP..... :oops:

Brazilian Coffee (beans) superb!! And to be honest (fresh) coffee beans as a whole.

As an aside, when working in Spain the guys rated Asian and UK coffee as the worst in the world..... :wink: :)

:cheers: :cheers:
"You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late". Ray Gravell :wink:

handdrummer
Guru
Guru
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 am

Re: Nescafe

Post by handdrummer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:10 am

if anyone is in Bangkok and around Ekkamai, about 1 km. past soi 11, on the left, there's a shop that roasts and grinds their beans. it's some of the best coffee I've ever had. there's no charge for the coffee, just a box asking for donations if you like the coffee. they're open only on sat. and sun.

oakdale160
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2814
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by oakdale160 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 am

I learnt this in a pub quiz at JWs-- Vietnam is the 2nd bigest coffee exporter in the World after Brazil.

Juice81
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by Juice81 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 pm

oakdale160 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 am
I learnt this in a pub quiz at JWs-- Vietnam is the 2nd bigest coffee exporter in the World after Brazil.
Yes, true. But Vietnam produces only all the bulk coffee that goes in to the instant coffees. All the better beans come from south america.

oakdale160
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2814
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Nescafe

Post by oakdale160 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm

So instant coffee is made from inferior beans--explains why it tastes like s***.

User avatar
Dannie Boy
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4516
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm
Location: Closer to Cha Am than Hua Hin

Re: Nescafe

Post by Dannie Boy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:55 am

Juice81 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 pm
oakdale160 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 am
I learnt this in a pub quiz at JWs-- Vietnam is the 2nd bigest coffee exporter in the World after Brazil.
Yes, true. But Vietnam produces only all the bulk coffee that goes in to the instant coffees. All the better beans come from south america.
A lot of "experts" (of which I am not), would argue that the best beans come from Ethiopia, but I'm sure Nescafé doesn't!!

PET
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Nescafe

Post by PET » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Others would say East Afica ( Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania) for the Robusta beans and South America for Arabica beans
VERAX - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

User avatar
Nereus
Addict
Addict
Posts: 6032
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Bangkok

Re: Nescafe

Post by Nereus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm

And others would say the following: (no shite)!

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/

All About Kopi Luwak – The Most Expensive Coffee In The World!

Kopi luwak is the world’s most expensive coffee. The main factor of it’s high price is the uncommon method of producing such a coffee. It has been produced from the coffee beans which have been digested by a certain Indonesian cat-like animal called then palm civet or also civet cat.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], handdrummer and 18 guests