Nescafe

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Nescafe

Post by handdrummer »

I just bought mocona decaf and had a cup this morning. I used 1&1/4 tsp. to a cup of water. it tasted like colored water. i'll go back to ordering from the u.s.; same price real taste.
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

I found this Tesco's own premium instant coffee from Market Village's Tesco Lotus, it's really balanced and nice. Just a couple of weeks ago this Finnish supermarket chain called Prisma took some of Tesco's products in their shelves and now I have the same coffee here in Finland too!!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

I visited the UK Nescafe website and it seems there are many unhappy people who have now switched brands. Since I was feeling a little bored at the time, I decided to write a short customer review for their website, to inform them and other how terrible their new recipe is.

I was shocked when I got an email from them letting me know that my review has been published and acknowledged. Today, I got another email from them..............

Response from Consumer Services:
Hey, thanks for getting in touch & leaving us a review.

It's sad hear of your disappointment with the recent changes we’ve made to Nescafé Original.

Here at Nescafé we’re always looking for ways to improve your coffee experience, so we developed this new recipe, which maintains the bold, full flavour that consumers love, but reduces some of the more bitter flavours that could also be found in the old recipe. The feedback we received in consumer research was that this results in making Nescafé Original a more enjoyable cup of coffee.

Any changes to our products are the result of rigorous research and development as we believe in producing products with a great taste, consistent levels of quality and safety, value for money and convenience.

We always value feedback from our consumers and this is particularly important when loyal consumers comment on any changes we have made. We will pass your comments to the brand team who take on board all the feedback they receive for future product development.

Contact Customer Service with questions or concerns. If you no longer wish to receive notifications like this, you can unsubscribe any time.

NESCAFÉ
1 City Place, Gatwick, Crawley, West Sussex RH6 0PA
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

If it's "original" how can it be a new formula? Conversely, if it's a new formula how can it be "original"?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Takiap wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 pm I visited the UK Nescafe website and it seems there are many unhappy people who have now switched brands. Since I was feeling a little bored at the time, I decided to write a short customer review for their website, to inform them and other how terrible their new recipe is.

I was shocked when I got an email from them letting me know that my review has been published and acknowledged. Today, I got another email from them..............

Response from Consumer Services:
Hey, thanks for getting in touch & leaving us a review.

It's sad hear of your disappointment with the recent changes we’ve made to Nescafé Original.

Here at Nescafé we’re always looking for ways to improve your coffee experience, so we developed this new recipe, which maintains the bold, full flavour that consumers love, but reduces some of the more bitter flavours that could also be found in the old recipe. The feedback we received in consumer research was that this results in making Nescafé Original a more enjoyable cup of coffee.

Any changes to our products are the result of rigorous research and development as we believe in producing products with a great taste, consistent levels of quality and safety, value for money and convenience.

We always value feedback from our consumers and this is particularly important when loyal consumers comment on any changes we have made. We will pass your comments to the brand team who take on board all the feedback they receive for future product development.

Contact Customer Service with questions or concerns. If you no longer wish to receive notifications like this, you can unsubscribe any time.

NESCAFÉ
1 City Place, Gatwick, Crawley, West Sussex RH6 0PA
Translation, go away.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I would guess this is a standard response, one of two. Don't allow yourself to think you've been treated as an individual. It's quite common for a company to have two responses to criticism depending upon being good or bad. Sent automatically.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

it used to be that making coffee with a grinder, percolator or drip method was complicated and time-consuming. Witha French Press and ground coffee it is fast and easy-- why bother with instant??
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well BB, I have my phases with Coffee and Tea - Tea in Turkey superb, in China... can be wonderful and also bl**dy expensive. A "milky tea" in the UK is site standard!!

For "Instant Coffee", I'll go with Nureus and "Gold Blend".... But has to be said, we have a grinder and buy roasted beans - some great stuff. As I travel alot and am not based in HH (plus having travelling colleagues), we have "access" to many supplies!! :thumb: Not much help to the OP..... :oops:

Brazilian Coffee (beans) superb!! And to be honest (fresh) coffee beans as a whole.

As an aside, when working in Spain the guys rated Asian and UK coffee as the worst in the world..... :wink: :)

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

if anyone is in Bangkok and around Ekkamai, about 1 km. past soi 11, on the left, there's a shop that roasts and grinds their beans. it's some of the best coffee I've ever had. there's no charge for the coffee, just a box asking for donations if you like the coffee. they're open only on sat. and sun.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I learnt this in a pub quiz at JWs-- Vietnam is the 2nd bigest coffee exporter in the World after Brazil.
Juice81

Post by Juice81 »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 am I learnt this in a pub quiz at JWs-- Vietnam is the 2nd bigest coffee exporter in the World after Brazil.
Yes, true. But Vietnam produces only all the bulk coffee that goes in to the instant coffees. All the better beans come from south america.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

So instant coffee is made from inferior beans--explains why it tastes like s***.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Juice81 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:43 pm
oakdale160 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:22 am I learnt this in a pub quiz at JWs-- Vietnam is the 2nd bigest coffee exporter in the World after Brazil.
Yes, true. But Vietnam produces only all the bulk coffee that goes in to the instant coffees. All the better beans come from south america.
A lot of "experts" (of which I am not), would argue that the best beans come from Ethiopia, but I'm sure Nescafé doesn't!!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Others would say East Afica ( Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania) for the Robusta beans and South America for Arabica beans
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

And others would say the following: (no shite)!

http://www.most-expensive.coffee/

All About Kopi Luwak – The Most Expensive Coffee In The World!

Kopi luwak is the world’s most expensive coffee. The main factor of it’s high price is the uncommon method of producing such a coffee. It has been produced from the coffee beans which have been digested by a certain Indonesian cat-like animal called then palm civet or also civet cat.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!