Tourism Ministry pitches durian Kit Kat to Nestlé

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Big Boy

Tourism Ministry pitches durian Kit Kat to Nestlé

Post by Big Boy »

OMG, I thought Green Tea flavour was a step too far :D
The Ministry of Tourism has come up with the most Instagram-worthy idea to promote Thai fruit — it’s in talks with Nestlé to produce a durian-flavored Kit Kat.

Tourism Minister Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul said that the ministry is pitching durian, mangoesteen, and tamarind Kit Kat flavors since they are all fruits that Thailand is famous for. Just like the Japanese green tea Kit Kat, our durian ones are expected to increase spending among tourists by 10 percent per person.

Because who doesn’t want to bring home some durian Kit Kats?
Full story: Coconuts

I wonder how many Civil Servants it took to think that one up :shock:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Tourism Ministry pitches durian Kit Kat to Nestlé

Post by StevePIraq »

Wiki states "The average Chinese tourist spends 6,400 baht (US$180) per day" so someone is assuming they will spend US$18 per day or US$126 per week on Durian flavoured Kit Kat. That's some sweet tooth.
On another point, what a sad life I must have to look up those statistics.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

It's good to see that the ministry of silly ideas is still being productive.

Allegedly, the Durian Kit-Kat narrowly won the vote of approval over the range of Durian soaps and deodorants that were to be marketed under the marketing slogan of "The smell of Thailand"! :rasta:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

KitKat maker Nestle misses forecasts as profit falls

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38990133

Nestle, which makes KitKats, Nescafe and Purina pet food, has said it will steepen its cost-cutting plan after unveiling disappointing results.

Net profit for 2016 fell to 8.5bn Swiss francs (£6.78bn) from 9.1bn a year earlier.
Analysts had expected 9.59bn francs' worth of profit.

Sluggish food inflation in most of its markets and easing demand in emerging markets saw sales growth slow to 3.2% from 4.2% in 2015.

The company has cut its sales growth target to between 2% and 4% for 2017, scrapping its prior "Nestle model" of 5-6% so-called organic growth, which excludes sales from companies it buys.

New chief executive Mark Schneider, who took over the role in January, said: "Our 2016 organic growth was at the high end of the industry, but at the lower end of our expectations."
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nothing that production of a durian flavoured Kit Kat won't resolve :run:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Will we start seeing "No Kit Kat" signs in hotels?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Kit Kats are Kit Kats, and they are not meant to have any crappy additional flavoring. My daughters love green tea and Kit Kats, but they don't like green tea Kit Kats.

Anyway, at least Nestle will see profits surge once Durian Kit Kats hit the market.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

Takiap wrote:Kit Kats are Kit Kats, and they are not meant to have any crappy additional flavoring. My daughters love green tea and Kit Kats, but they don't like green tea Kit Kats.

Anyway, at least Nestle will see profits surge once Durian Kit Kats hit the market.
:agree:

Sounds disgusting.