Squealing pig closed down

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Squealing pig closed down

Post by HHTel »

centermid7 wrote:^ Drama is putting it mildly! It was pretty much a den of criminal activities.
Have known Jack for many years and always found him to be friendly and personable. Do you have evidence to substantiate your claim?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Ah well, Bobby's which is next door does a good b'fast too
wmeier5
Novice
Novice

Post by wmeier5 »

For the last week or more, there has been activity at the SP. At a glance, it appears to be getting a makeover but I have not stopped to look inside yet.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Whilst speaking to one of the neighbours on other matters it was indicated that a new owner/ manager was undertaking some refurbisment and the business would be reopening in the near future. Lets see what happens.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^ Aye. A fellow from South Africa is putting up the money to take it over and refurbish the place. Mana was talking with this man a couple of months ago about being a partner until he got wind of how much money she owes and he walked. Cat ( who owns the property ) then decided to deal with just him and the work goes forward.

But I sure would not wanna be in his shoes! Mana is trying to open up the space next door as a bar and is going to call it the Squealing Pig! I'm not sure what his bar will be named. As there is no love lost at this point the first thing being built is a big wall between the two places.

Handbags at dawn!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"Pork Chops" would be a good name to complement the next door competition. :mrgreen:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

or "APPLE SAUCE"
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I'm sure that Jack is following this thread with amused interest. SP, took over the unit next door but never did anything with it. It is quite self contained and could function as a different business, but it is very small. Interesting that the new owner is having problems with Mana already.
Regards to you Jack
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

prcscct wrote:"Pork Chops" would be a good name to complement the next door competition. :mrgreen:
How about "The Big Bad Wolf"?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
chammers
Novice
Novice

Post by chammers »

How come this individual who according to the internet has been involved in all sorts of dodgy activity is allowed back into Thailand? I saw him today in Hua HIn.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

chammers wrote:How come this individual who according to the internet has been involved in all sorts of dodgy activity is allowed back into Thailand? I saw him today in Hua HIn.
If I've read things correctly, his ex is the one involved, not him.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

When the SP closed down a month or so ago Jack/John/Paul went up to BKK and never left the country. He has FA and a doggy passport and is looking for a free handout wherever he can get it. And yes, he was involved up to his ears.

The fellow from South Africa who was going to start the "Humping Pig" has now left the country and May of Breeze bar is taking over. Probable name change to follow.
woon
Novice
Novice

Post by woon »

centermid7 wrote:When the SP closed down a month or so ago Jack/John/Paul went up to BKK and never left the country. He has FA and a doggy passport and is looking for a free handout wherever he can get it. And yes, he was involved up to his ears.

The fellow from South Africa who was going to start the "Humping Pig" has now left the country and May of Breeze bar is taking over. Probable name change to follow.

Did you two used to date?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

any new news about the S. P?? Anything taking its place. Is Jack still in Thai??
jamborab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jamborab »

Has it reopened yet?