Pies in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Re: The best Pork Pie in Hua Hin

Post by robcar »

It was there a couple of days ago, I purposely went that way to see if I could find it. I went the back way from 94 and it was definitely there (Number 42) going towards Petchkasem on the right, about half way down the Soi. Had everything set up in the front of the house. Didn't stop this time but now I know it's not a hoax it's on the 'to do' list.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, the website map points to the opposite side of the road, but we were looking on both sides. A house number might help if I try again, thank you.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Beef and Onion Pie

Post by StevePIraq »

There has been a lot of chat about pork pies but what I am after is the full size beef and onion pies, not the individual round ones, I am looking for the dinner plate size where you can slice and share it.

I so miss this with boiled potatoes, carrots and pees like mum used to make. Damn I'm so hungry now

Are they available in HH?
Pie.png
Pie.png (114.73 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
imagesT1NOLDOB.jpg
imagesT1NOLDOB.jpg (7.05 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

House number is 42 :wink:

Check out her Facebook page using her name Jullamas Anna Boonkkond
Geko
Professional
Professional

Re: Beef and Onion Pie

Post by Geko »

Steve

If you have an oven try making them yourself, they'll taste better than any pie you can buy in town.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I will have to read up on it, last time I made a pie was in the UK with my mum about 40 years ago
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

This is the Pork Pie lady. Check out her Facebook page using her name Jullamas Anna Boonkkond
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No thank you - it's what put me off in the first place. Multiple websites, with contradictory information. I'd rather not look. However, I am still curious, so the next time I'm down that way, I'll give it ago.

Points 41; Position 18
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

robcar wrote:This is the Pork Pie lady. Check out her Facebook page using her name Jullamas Anna Boonkkond
Looks good but no big meat pies, still worth driving past and checking it out.
Big Boy

Re: Pies in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

We don't need multiple pie threads, so after discussion with Admin, existing threads have been merged into a single pie thread.

Points 41; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

Big Boy wrote:Well, curiosity got the better of me. I decided I would try one of these new(ish) Pork Pies today. Checked their website to confirm location and opening time. As before, we found many things including a Swedish Restaurant, a coffee shop, Hua Hin Butler, but was there a sign for a pie shop? That'll be a big fat No, or at least if it's there, we couldn't see it :? .
What pie shop were you looking for ?
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The Pork Pie Shop

Points 41; Position 18
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

musungu wrote:
Big Boy wrote:Well, curiosity got the better of me. I decided I would try one of these new(ish) Pork Pies today. Checked their website to confirm location and opening time. As before, we found many things including a Swedish Restaurant, a coffee shop, Hua Hin Butler, but was there a sign for a pie shop? That'll be a big fat No, or at least if it's there, we couldn't see it :? .
What pie shop were you looking for ?
Sorry BB it seems as though you are looking for "Pork Pies Hua Hin by Anna"

I had a similar problem by coming from Soi 94 BUT the easy way for those not living around there is go Phetkasim and Soi 88/1 is immediately before Market Village and the house/shop is a short distance up on the left. You need to look into the garage and see cold store plus pie counter - it is worth a visit.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

The first pie in space!
YNWA
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

StevePIraq wrote:I will have to read up on it, last time I made a pie was in the UK with my mum about 40 years ago
Hardest part of a pie is the crust. While not too difficult it takes a little time and effort.

In the states I mostly stopped making crust since I found frozen, store bought pretty good. Have t looked here but maybe villa has
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.