Pies in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
hhinner
Ace
Ace

Re: Pies in Hua Hin

Post by hhinner » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

^^ Sorry! Off topic.

HarryVardon

Post by HarryVardon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am

I am well aware that a real MM pork pie has to made by a registered Melton Mowbray bakery. Many bakeries in England make pies that look and taste just like MM pies but do not have the MM stamp. I am more than happy eating these. I also enjoy other pork pies. I have never criticized the pies from HHH&B or Soi 94, they are very good as pies go. BUT, they are nothing like MM pork pies. The discussion was not whether I can get a delicious pork pie in Hua Hin but whether I can get an MM pork pie or a good copy.

caller
Addict
Addict

Post by caller » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm

HarryVardon wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:32 am
The discussion was not whether I can get a delicious pork pie in Hua Hin but whether I can get an MM pork pie or a good copy.
Well, for that, I would suggest the answer is no, but you can get a good pork pie.

But if you ask me nicely :D, I will be happy to bring you back a Dickinson & Morris MM pork pie from Bkk. They sell the 140g individual pie or the pack of 6 mini pork pies. They're frozen and not cheap. They eat perfectly well once defrosted.
Talk is cheap

musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:35 pm

Pies Pies Pies very good for increasing the stomach. Any of you regular pie eaters with a waist under 36 inches ????
Will need photo proof with ID
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:51 am

There is a Canadian specialty, more a Quebec specialty--Tourtiere, a flat pork pie. It is traditionally eaten at a special meal, Reveillon (Wake up) eaten when you get home from Midnight Mass on Christmas night. Trust the French to think of a meal to eat at 2am.