Pizza in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
sidthesloth
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Pizza in Hua Hin

Post by sidthesloth »

Pizza Garden on 94 makes fairly authentic Napolitana pizza. As a former napolitana pizza chef I think I'm qualified to say. There have been times when the pizza comes out disappointingly underseasoned (when the owner is not around for QC) or unblistered (oven not hot enough) but 9/10 the pizza is great and unburnt at the bottom. Prices start at about 300 baht.

The worst pizza I've (ever) had was also on 94 at a place called Pizza Pizza (next door to S&S Indian). They basically put cheese and ketchup on some short-crust pastry. Awful. There's a reason that place is terminally empty.

Pizza co. is a total ripoff but it is stomach-able.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Its all down to personal preference. To me, any pizza with a thin crust is like eating the topping off burnt cardboard. However, I accept and respect that others prefer a very thin, crispy crust, and can't stand the thick doughy stodge that is my preference.

Where as you would score it 9/10, if its thin crust, it would score 1 or 2/10. The good thing is, we have a huge choice in Hua Hin, and there should be something for all tastes.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

I will be trying out the place that BB has discovered and I hope it works out as I too am not a big fan of those wafer thin pizzas. The seem more like a cracker with a topping to me. I'm a deep dish guy. Ketchup based sauces and crappy cheeses as well! Ugh.

The location is on my way home and if it turns out to be as advertised then some kilos are coming my way.
sidthesloth
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sidthesloth »

Big Boy wrote:Its all down to personal preference. To me, any pizza with a thin crust is like eating the topping off burnt cardboard. However, I accept and respect that others prefer a very thin, crispy crust, and can't stand the thick doughy stodge that is my preference.

Where as you would score it 9/10, if its thin crust, it would score 1 or 2/10. The good thing is, we have a huge choice in Hua Hin, and there should be something for all tastes.

I wouldn't call Napolitana Style pizza thin crust at all. And 9/10 wasn't a rating, I meant that 9 times out of 10 the pizza is good, but every now and then the trainees make the pizza and forget the salt or the oven isn't quite 500°C
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

LOL - if somebody put that in front of me, I'd get up and walk out. Different people, different tastes, but that is not my personal taste.

Points 41; Position 18
sidthesloth
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sidthesloth »

Big Boy wrote:LOL - if somebody put that in front of me, I'd get up and walk out. Different people, different tastes, but that is not my personal taste.
haha that is a 10/10 perfect-looking Napolitana pizza
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote:LOL - if somebody put that in front of me, I'd get up and walk out. Different people, different tastes, but that is not my personal taste.
I wouldn't! I'd wolf that down! I'll have to check that place out next time I'm there. My favourite pizza in Thailand - to date - is the Diavola pizza served by Scoozi on the 4th floor at Siam Paragon. In Hia Hin, it's probably a take away from the pizza Co. which seem better than the one's you eat in their stores?
Talk is cheap
sidthesloth
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sidthesloth »

caller wrote:
I wouldn't! I'd wolf that down! I'll have to check that place out next time I'm there. My favourite pizza in Thailand - to date - is the Diavola pizza served by Scoozi on the 4th floor at Siam Paragon. In Hia Hin, it's probably a take away from the pizza Co. which seem better than the one's you eat in their stores?
FYI that's just a pic from google
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I still wouldn't eat it :wink: :run:

Points 41; Position 18
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Thick crust I think is American style and nothing like what a real pizza should be - started in Sicily and then to USA where the immigrants settled.
BB you should try thick white bread from Macro,toast it, put some prego tomatoe sauce on, your favourite toppings with a good sprinkle of black pepper and cheese....melt the cheese in ur oven.... its done. The same as a thick crust pizza and you can make it yourself for next to nothing :).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks JW - wouldn't be the first time :oops: However, it's good to support a local business :wink:

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

My favourite at Pizza Garden. Pugliese!
Pugliese.jpg
Pugliese.jpg (234.69 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
YNWA
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

JW wrote:Thick crust I think is American style and nothing like what a real pizza should be - started in Sicily and then to USA where the immigrants settled.
555 Pizza can only be done in one way or one style or else it is not "real pizza"? I'm pretty sure I have tried to enjoy it in many parts of the world and in many different ways & types and - yes indeed - it was pizza. TBS there is a LOT of bad pizza in Italy.

Cheers!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

or you can buy paul newman's or amy's frozen pizza, stick it in the oven and there you 'ave it.
sidthesloth
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sidthesloth »

centermid7 wrote:TBS there is a LOT of bad pizza in Italy.

Cheers!
What is this acronym you're using?

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/TBS