A tip o' the hat for Hua Hin's restaurants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

A tip o' the hat for Hua Hin's restaurants

Post by uncle tom »

Now in the departure lounge at BKK at the end of my longest trip to date (11 weeks), a notable feature of which has been that I never once had to even think about reaching for the Immodium..

So all credit to the restaurants who have fed me on this trip..

Most notable (for breakfast) was Cha Ame and for dinner Orayas

And an honourable mention to the other fooderies who have fed me more than once on this trip:

Luckys
Kim's Kitchen
El Murphys
Robin Hood (formerly Clansman)
JJ Hotel
- and the 10 baht kebab vendor who tours the Bintablock every evening..

Details:

Cha Ame is a mostly western café with a simple menu that serves daily specials at a discount.

To find it, look for the soi alongside the temple that serves as a small night market each evening. From there, cross the main drag and head up the narrow lane opposite. Cha Ame is at the end of the first block on the right hand corner.

Orayas is a mostly Thai (but they will prepare anything, if given notice) family run restaurant on soi Selakam. Being family run, it is sometimes closed for a day or two for family reasons. It is very modestly signed.

Soi Selakam runs parallel to soi Bintabaht on the seaward side - look for the well lit Limelight Bar - Orayas is the discreet little restaurant next door.

Both restaurants are genuinely friendly, and offer excellent value for money.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: A tip o' the hat for Hua Hin's restaurants

Post by oakdale160 »

And to complete your list of places to visit, your favorite nassagw laces
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: A tip o' the hat for Hua Hin's restaurants

Post by usual suspect »

'Cha Ame' is only a small place, but does serve good value meals, & does have polite staff..who are always friendly & pleasant.. :thumb:
Once a week you'll find me there for my liver+onions fix... :cheers: