A damn good sandwich

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Moorebomb
Rookie
Rookie

A damn good sandwich

Post by Moorebomb »

Hello everyone, I was wondering where I can find me a Good sandwhich to feed my cravings whether it be an actual sandwhich shop or somewhere with a damn good sandwich.

Thanks,
Alan
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: A damn good sandwich

Post by StevePIraq »

I think the first step is to find a shop that serves "real" bread and not the sweet sugar bread the Thai's like.

Have you tried subway if it is still open?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nothing wrong with the ones from the "Baggette"(sp), on Petchkasem Rd.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Yes Baggette is pretty good, going north on Phetkasem on the right just after soi 41 I think.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhnewbie

Post by hhnewbie »

We just had one of the best sandwich in town at the new Bliss Bakery and Cafe. I had the chicken and Salmon club sandwich and hubby had the peppered beef with chedder sandwich. They bake their own breads and they are great. The portion is huge, the pepper beef is more like a opened face steak sandwich with chunk of beef pieces cooked to your preference, piled on half a bagette with a small salad. The chicken and salmon club sounded weired but it was delicious, 3 decks of chicken breast and grilled salmon on toast, french fries and small salad. The price is not cheap, 290 bht for beef and 260 for club but you won't be feeling hungry after. They also do great coffee, hot or iced plus various desserts that I would have loved to try but didn't have any room left.
Located on Petchkasem, 50 meters north of Villa Market.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

'All in Hua Hin' do great rolls and baguettes with a choice of a million fillings. The bread is straight from the oven 'part baked'. I've never been disappointed there.

Admittedly they are not the traditional sandwich (between 2 slices of bread) but excellent anyway.
Godfather
Novice
Novice

Post by Godfather »

Good sandwiches at Mirabelle - down soi 94
Godfather
Novice
Novice

Post by Godfather »

Forgot - also at Mozzarella Mia - new in G plaza at corner of Petkasem and soi 94
Godfather
Novice
Novice

Post by Godfather »

Damn auto correct - Mozza Mia....
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Bee'd Deli, also soi 94, deli counter sandwich shop with home baked ciabatta and baguettes. Range of cheeses and meats, good prices.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Post by wpcoe »

hhnewbie wrote:We just had one of the best sandwich in town at the new Bliss Bakery and Cafe. I had the chicken and Salmon club sandwich and hubby had the peppered beef with chedder sandwich. They bake their own breads and they are great. The portion is huge, the pepper beef is more like a opened face steak sandwich with chunk of beef pieces cooked to your preference, piled on half a bagette with a small salad. The chicken and salmon club sounded weired but it was delicious, 3 decks of chicken breast and grilled salmon on toast, french fries and small salad. The price is not cheap, 290 bht for beef and 260 for club but you won't be feeling hungry after. They also do great coffee, hot or iced plus various desserts that I would have loved to try but didn't have any room left.
Located on Petchkasem, 50 meters north of Villa Market.
Had lunch at Bliss today. Quite impressed with the facility, food and staff. Only quibble was with the open faced beef-on-baguette sandwich: very difficult to cut the baguette crust with the knife they provided. A steak knife would probably work, but they didn't have one. So, I ate the beef/cheese/garnishes separately from the baguette. Still quite delicious.

On recommendation of a friend, had an iced mocha coffee. Quite good, too.

It's on the northwest corner of Soi 82 & Petchkasem Road.