Paris Bistro, Cha Am

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Paris Bistro, Cha Am

Post by migrant »

When we travel to see the inlaws in Tha Yang we generally stay in Cha Am. Less traffic (except beach road on the holidays!!), good access to both Hua Hin and Tha Yang, and some good restaurants for me (western food)

On the main road from Petkasim to the beach, on the north side in a small newer shophouse complex, is Paris Bistro.

We went last night. 4-6 tables outside, 2 tables, counter room and bar, inside A/C. We chose inside since were running around all day. Nicely decorated kind of like a .......bistro.

Now for the legal stuff, we are not associated with the restaurant in any way. Unless the Thai woman that served us was an owner, we have no idea who owns it. I like to post reviews of places we like, hoping they get more business and stay open in this tough type of business.

Anyway as mentioned we were greeted by a Thai woman who seemed to handle all front of house duties. Mrs M ordered a orange juice, and I a liter of their house red. OJ good, wife thinks not fresh squeezed, but not positive. Wine was very good, three full glasses from the liter and a smooth red drinking wine.

The Woman brought out a plate of mixed nuts and small crackers for us to munch on while waiting.

Drink menu was large, and a food menu that you do not see often in Thailand, plus about 6 specials for the day. Not much Thai food though, and what there is, is very basic.

Mrs M ordered duck confit. She likes this from the states, and my version of cooking it. I ordered the lamb chops in the house sauce and a large (X-L available) Charcuterie plate. They offer one of meats, one of cheeses, and one mixed. I ordered mixed. This was a remarkably smart move on my part since Mrs M doesn't like cheese, and is so-so on meats, so more for moi (worked my only French in here).

I have never been to France, my only experience is French restaurants in the states, so can't speak to "authentic" just if we liked it, or not.

The charcuterie platter came first, very good size, 4 meats (2 sausage, 2 terrine types) and about 4 different cheeses. There was probably 3-4 pieces of each, so, again, quite a bit (I took some home). Also had a few pickles, onions and olives. Hot rolls were also provided with refills.

The wife's duck was good, leg and thigh joint with salad and a sauteed/lightly fried potatoe slices along with a dijon style country sauce.

My lamb chops came, 3 thin, but not too thin, chops smothered in the gravy and with french fries and some steamed vegetables. The quality was good, but next time I would ask to sub the potatoes my wife had for the FF's, and get the sauce on the side.

Price wise, entrees 350 each, charcuterie and liter of wine 250 each and juice 50 baht.

There seemed good value, and quality, there. Not cheap by Thai standards, but IMHO worthwhile, especially the charcuterie plate!

We will return
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.