Traditional Thanksgiving dinner

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Traditional Thanksgiving dinner

Post by migrant »

With Terrace 90 closing does anyone know where this hungry Yank can get a traditional Thanksgiving feed? :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Traditional Thanksgiving dinner

Post by HHTel »

The problem this year is of course getting a turkey. I think the only supply is from a Thai turkey farm.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've seen Sara Janes is doing a Thanksgiving Night, and are advertising 'newly arrived' butterball turkey.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

Big Boy wrote:I've seen Sara Janes is doing a Thanksgiving Night, and are advertising 'newly arrived' butterball turkey.
I don't know how good the Thanksgiving dinner is there but If some of you guys have never been to that place before you will be very surprised when you walk back behind the building. That is one hidden gem right in the middle of the downtown area. Take a peek sometime if you are walking by.
Last edited by Arlo on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't do thanksgiving, but I've heard good reports about Sara Janes in previous years.

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote:I don't do thanksgiving, but I've heard good reports about Sara Janes in previous years.
Where is it located at? Thanks! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

On Poonsuk Road, just around the corner from Binthabat (temple end).

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks BB!

Just got back from Cha Am and don't fancy driving up during Loi Kratong. Thinking of taking the train up for one night.

Don;t know the area so hard to look through the forum's hotel listings. Any recommendations for a decent hotel within walking distance? I can then book through the forums listings'

Thanks!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Migrant, The City Beach is centrally located and just a couple of hundred meters from Sarah Janes I think. It's listed on this sites "mid range" accommodations.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Just thought of this... the Coco Beach Club (American owned) usually does a traditional Thanksgiving. You have to book in advance as seating is limited and it was fairly expensive as I recall, but you may want to check it out if they are still in business. It's down town across from the Hilton.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks HHF! Sara Jane's was very quick, and responsive! They sent me a menu that looks pretty good. Checking train schedules today.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Migrant - if you take the train, make sure that you leave two days before......... :wink:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Terry wrote:Migrant - if you take the train, make sure that you leave two days before......... :wink:
:cheers: :cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The most disappointing meal I ever had in HH was T'giving dinner one year--so stupid, expecting Thai cooks to prepare such a traditional farang meal