New outdoor food courts on 88 and 94

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The huge new foodcourt on *88 is very popular, mostly with Thai customers and an even bigger one is being constructed on 94 with an indoor area the size of an aircraft hanger and a HUGE parking lot.
The one on 88 is clean, comfortable and cheap. These places are not just another alternative but may change the eating patterns in HH. . Already small family restaurants in the area are suffering and closing.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: New outdoor food courts on 88 and 94

Post by NOKYAI »

We have been regularly eating at the 88 one for a couple of years now. I love it as it's very chilled out and the variety stops that old question " what type of food do you want to eat tonight dear?"....and the Yorkshireman in me like that it's cheap :-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

We stopped there last night after coming back from the footie. I was amazed how much it had grown in the last year. Great atmosphere very clean and cheap.
I had chicken kebab from a stall for 60 baht. We ordered three drinks from the Chill Chill Bar 1, large coke 1, bottle of water and a lovely pint of Chang draught for me 90 baht.
Music was being piped and projected on to a wall
and if we had got there more earlier we would have seen some live music.
I enjoyed my half hour there so much that I am going to make it my evening out with family and friends tonight been told the live music is Friday to Sunday and at those kinda prices fantastic value.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

oakdale160 wrote:The huge new foodcourt on *88 is very popular, mostly with Thai customers and an even bigger one is being constructed on 94 with an indoor area the size of an aircraft hanger and a HUGE parking lot.
The one on 88 is clean, comfortable and cheap. These places are not just another alternative but may change the eating patterns in HH. . Already small family restaurants in the area are suffering and closing.
yes i have to say my eating habits/locations have changed since i eat at soi 88 now. i spend less money. hard to believe. my only wish is it would stay open later, but that is HH.

i wonder if the new aircraft hanger size location off of 94 really can attract the amount of business needed for such a huge location.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

At least there is always an atmosphere at this place unlike many of the restaurants around town that seem dead at this time of year.

Huge selection of tasty food with draft beer at 60bht a pint, it really is a great place to spend an evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkkghkc. Molk a
A

ZvV
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

JamesWest wrote: ... I wonder if the new aircraft hanger size location off of 94 really can attract the amount of business needed for such a huge location.
Soi 88 isn't really feasible if you have to get there by car due to the lack of parking. It seems like the new one will be much better accessibility wise for us car-bound people. Also, weekenders from Bangkok may find it more appealing because of that.
Foodie

Post by Foodie »

Oakdale160, are you sure that the 94 will be a food court? I do not see any area to sit down. It looks like it might be set up like a Veg,fruit and produce market like chat chai or Paimai Tuesday market. I pass it 4 times a day and not sure what will be sold there.
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Foodie, there is a another thread on here with details and plans of the food court etc. on the road between 88/94.
Sorry, don't know how to post link...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote:Soi 88 isn't really feasible if you have to get there by car due to the lack of parking.
If there is no road parking (I drove there for the first time Saturday) there is a small car park on the road with no name for 30 Baht. I used the car park Saturday night. When I arrived, there were no other cars parked. When I left, mine was one of 2 cars parked, so parking does not seem to be too much of a hindrance, with so much space available on a Saturday night.

I enjoyed Saturday so much, that I returned with a few friends on Sunday evening - road parking was not a problem.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
jimmy40
Professional
Professional

Post by jimmy40 »

I like it there on 88 found it last week, and been getting take out every night. Nice cheap good
:D
mapet123
Novice
Novice

Post by mapet123 »

Where is this new foodcourt in soi 94 ? I cant find another link with further information or plan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It isn't quite Soi 94, about 100 yards from it viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29998

Points 41; Position 18
mapet123
Novice
Novice

Post by mapet123 »

Thank you Big Boy ! I hope it will be open in November.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Progress on that site is very rapid at the moment. I would guess it will open very quickly judging by progress, but we mustn't forget This Is Thailand :banghead:

Points 41; Position 18
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

According to my wife it isn't a food court, but a new outdoor market somewhat in the Cicada style or similar. She has this information from her niece which is working for the land owner/developer.
YNWA