(Mini Farm) Low season effects on Restaurants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

(Mini Farm) Low season effects on Restaurants

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Have recently returned to Wales after a month in Hua Hin. Whilst there we went to Mini Farm which is usually busy and found it empty and many of the meals crossed off the menu and unavailable.
Has it changed hands or is it running down. it would be a shame if it closed as have always found the food to be very good and cheap. Have done a search and have not found any information.
Does anyone have any news?

Cheers

:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Mini Farm Restaurant

Post by usual suspect »

IMO 'low-season' hit Hua Hin restaurants around that area early this year..(early migration of long-stay visitors)..
..if M/F usually has quite a large choice on it's menu, & customer numbers are down it makes economic sense to slim-down your menu...maybe this is an option they have taken..?
I know of another r/rant not far away that has chosen to close for 2-3 months, that been the cheapest option thru' low-season. Hope M/F is still there come year-end.. :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've noticed quite a few low-season closures this year. Most places in the Soi 94 area became deserted the day after Songkran, and it has stayed that way.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

You must go to a different 94 to us!!! We eat in Restaurant 94, Sakura, Eat@huahin and Korat Kitchen and all are busy most of the time. In fact in Sakura you could not eat inside as it was full this lunchtime. Those restaurants that were quiet in the season are almost empty now but perhaps they are doing something wrong anyway.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think I must. I drive down Soi 94 with my son and the dogs at least 6 out 7 days during the evening every week. We have got into the habit of looking into these places and are amazed how they struggle on, although I will admit, we can't really see inside Sakura (more about that later).

The last time we went to Korat Kitchen we were the only ones there, although people did sit at another table as we left.

The last time we went to 94 Restaurant, we were the only ones in.

Regarding Sakura, I've only been in there once (not my kind of food - not saying there's anything wrong with it). That was a couple of weeks ago. We tried to go to 94 Restaurant (yes, I've partially overcome my plastic seat phobia :D ). There was a party going on and they were putting patrons into an empty Sakura - hardly good business if they "are busy most of the time". I don't know what it's normally like, but the tables were mainly being serviced with food from 94 Restaurant. I must say, it was a pleasant bonus for us with the splendid decor plus aircon.

I've never been in eat@HuaHin because hhfarang frightened me off when they opened claiming huge portion sizes. Another restaurant that I can't really see inside as I drive past.

One place that was heaving every night during high season was Friendly Kitchen, and we made a note that we needed to go there when it got quieter. We've been a couple of times since (first time we were one of 3 tables, last time we were the only table). Food was superb, and VERY reasonably priced.

I could go on, but we're obviously going at different times, so debate is futile. I sincerely hope you are correct, and all of these businesses continue doing as well as you perceive. However, such success does not correlate with the low season closures, and occasional random closure throughout the Soi.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

We have been to Sakura when it is full.. other times, practically empty. Sakura and 94 Restaurant are owned by the same people. Agree with you about Friendly Kitchen.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Sakura, Korat Kitchen, and Eat@HuaHin all lost quite a bit of business when we left... hopefully it hasn't hurt them too much. :D :cheers:

As for Mini-Farm, we used to go there a lot but in the last year or so living there so many other good places opened on/around Soi 94 near where we lived that we rarely left that area for a meal and completely forgot about Mini-Farm.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

where is Friendly Kitchen guys ?

thanks
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

dont worry got it petch end soi 94
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: (Mini Farm) Low season effects on Restaurants

Post by Pagey »

As the regulars know, Korat kitchen closed for a couple of months for a refurb and to build an upstairs extension. I went for lunch on Tuesday and they have slapped 2 big 'For sale' signs on the outside of the restaurant.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

This thread has morphed away from my original question and even the title has changed :guns:
It would seem nobody has a specific answer to my original question.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

Korat is moving because there is no parking there as the land next to them has section off and makes parking very difficult. They have found somewhere to move to they just need to sell first. It is such a shame after so much money was spent on it last year but......
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The owner told my wife that she had to return up north to care for ageing parents.

Points 48; Position 18
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

You must mean a different Korat Kitchen to me Big Boy as the owner only returned from the States yesterday and her parents are well and working in Korat. In fact none of the staff have parents who are sick and need care!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It was a couple of weeks ago when my wife was told. I guess one of us is being lied to. I suppose we'll find out who when they open elsewhere or not.

When we've been there, and it is one of my wife's favourites, most people seem to arrive on foot from the local residences. Car parking does seem a strange reason to move. Even when very busy, I've never had trouble parking.

Points 48; Position 18