On the Hunt for Passion Fruit - Can you help ?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Hitesh
Amateur
Amateur

On the Hunt for Passion Fruit - Can you help ?

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Folks,

3 weeks of gorging on gorgeous passion fruit came to an abrupt end yesterday when I rocked up at Takiab veggie market only to find that the ONE stall that sells them had run out - D'Oh!

Need another Passion fix soon - has anyone seen this elusive fruit on the streets of Hua Hin ?

Regards, Hitesh
cozza
Professional
Professional

Re: On the Hunt for Passion Fruit - Can you help ?

Post by cozza »

I saw bags at Makro yesterday...sorry cant remember price but thought they seemed cheap.
Hitesh
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Hitesh »

Thanks ! Do you know whether Makro open to the general public ?

Regards, Hitesh
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes they do.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

go to the till when you are done and tell them you have no card and they will type a special number
no problem at all
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Makro often stock passion fruit which I assume are grown locally considering the low price. Whether locally grown or not, they are very nice, any yet I've not met a single Thai person who likes them.

You don't need a card to shop at Makro, but the last time I arrived at the checkout the cashier told me I have to get a temporary card/ticket from the information desk at the entrance.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Passion Fruit is a vine fruit. You plant a few small plants and in a year or so you have vines growing all over whatever is near it. Fruit galore at that point and for many years after that. Makes a good boundary bush up against a fence or wall. The flowers have a nice scent as well. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source