Dinosaur steak!

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Dinosaur steak!

Post by NOKYAI »

Yesterday at Makro I picked up what at first glance looked like a steak from the Flintstones! Some of you my age might remember Fred getting a giant streak in the opening credits. Well this pork chop was 24" long by 8" wide and 2 inches thick! It weighed in at over 2.5 kg! I did want to BBQ it in one go but was talked out of it by Mrs N, so we cut it into 3. Well I cooked it on the electric BBQ tonight ( was fatty so thought it would flame on a charcoal one) ........ Bloody gorgeous! Moist, soft and tender with a Nam Jim Jaew sauce ( Mrs N ) ...best pork I have had in Thailand and only B200ish...oh by the way this was Pranbury Makro.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Dinosaur steak!

Post by usual suspect »

:thumb: YABBADABBADOOOOOOOO....
.... :thumb:
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Dinosaur steak!

Post by NOKYAI »

Slightly off topic....does anyone know anything about what looks like the flintstones set on the right going up Pala u rd, near the top of the hill?. Many years ago I remember having a meal there, but someone has started ( slowly) working on the site again.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!