Electric Mango

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Electric Mango

Post by dundrillin »

I have been to Electric Mango 3 times and am going again tomorrow evening . On each occasion I chose the steak promotion (medium rare) and it was excellent and great value for money. I agree the other choices seem a bit pricey. Initially the service was poor but it seems that some training has been done and the service has improved greatly. My only complaint is that the music is a bit over whelming with the vocalist making conversation difficult. I personally would prefer tradition Thai music. However minor complaint,I enjoy the place and hope it succeeds .
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

My wife and I ,who are visiting, were here on Sat 18th, guests of two couples who live in Hua Hin. The service was not great as most of the staff could not input the orders on the Tablets that are now used instead of the old paper trail. The food was really good, all of us commented on the good food, I had the steak special, that was done to my liking, didn't notice the picture was wrong but was expecting rump steak as I had read the menu. I think the cost must have been ok as our host paid up quick and left quick.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

taffinexile wrote: I think the cost must have been ok as our host paid up quick and left quick.
Sounds like he did a runner! :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

We went last night. Difficult to find (but I did not have the help of the forum available, found it from GPS/website).

As mentioned a very nicely done place, now with numerous bungalows, and a great big pool area.

Started off slow, there was a large party getting their food when we came in. We had a reservation and thought we were going to get service after about 10 minutes, but the boy (don't think he was a waiter) came to the table, never looked at us, and took the reserved sign. A very pretty lady in evening dress looked to be manager and eventually came with a waitress to deliver menus.

As mentioned steak is king there. The wife was not real hungry after munching all day,so ordered a caesar salad. I went with the Aus ribeye 300 grams, baked potato and added asparagus wrapped in bacon for 100 baht.

Mrs m said that, while the salad was good, and lots of good chicken, it did not have a "caesar" taste. After living in the states 20 years, I don't disagree with her.

My ribeye came out cooked as desired, and good size along with a baked potato and one (1!!) bacon wrapped asparagus.
The good - steak and potato excellent. Best I have had in Hua Hin (granted haven't been a lot of places) and good compared to most all places i have been. Baked potato had sour cream and butter was there with the rolls (rolls good!).

Bad - One asparagus. Now at the better steakhouses (read expensive) in the states veggies, potato, etc, are additional and usually expensive, but you get a decent amount. One asparagus for 100 baht is pretty dear, and, in my humble mind, a tad misleading. Menu should say 100 baht per, not "side dish".

Despite all that I would return for an excellent steak (no sides thanks) knowing it is expensive by Thai standards.

BTW around 9:00 we saw a bunch of attractive young ladies arrive and go in back. We asked the manager lady and she said the bar at the far end of the pool had coyote dancers starting later. She didn;t come outright and say, but we got the impression bar fines were probably available.

The owner is Danish and was on site talking to a few customers he seemed to know
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.