Vegetarian food?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
tirlittan
Rookie
Rookie

Vegetarian food?

Post by tirlittan »

Are there any restaurants serving proper vegetarian food in Hua hin? Today I found the one next to the Village Market, they have a special vegetarian menu and the food was good. There should be at least some Indian restaurants around, any to recommend? Or any other restaurants with vegetarian menu?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Vegetarian food?

Post by dtaai-maai »

This is the way
tazy
Novice
Novice

Re: Has Pan Din Tong restaurant re-opened

Post by tazy »

You may have noticed yellow and red stickers on a lot of the packages in 7/11 etc... the red and yellow signifies that it is Jea food. Anyway, around this time of year you will see some of the traditional Thai restaurants flying a red and yellow flag. This indicates that they are partaking in Jea and (I believe all of) the food is vegetarian. They have a lot of traditional thai dishes prepared with various meat substitutes, as well as a few dishes that can't be found anywhere else....!!!
tirlittan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Vegetarian food?

Post by tirlittan »

Thanks for the info!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Has Pan Din Tong restaurant re-opened

Post by Pleng »

tazy wrote:You may have noticed yellow and red stickers on a lot of the packages in 7/11 etc... the red and yellow signifies that it is Jea food. Anyway, around this time of year you will see some of the traditional Thai restaurants flying a red and yellow flag. This indicates that they are partaking in Jea and (I believe all of) the food is vegetarian. They have a lot of traditional thai dishes prepared with various meat substitutes, as well as a few dishes that can't be found anywhere else....!!!
Ummm nice quote, man.

But Jea has long since finished.