Has Pan Din Tong restaurant re-opened

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Has Pan Din Tong restaurant re-opened

Post by GLCQuantum »

[Mod Edit] Moved from Restaurant News

Too many pages to read through and check so I'll ask.

Does anyone know if the Pan Din Tong restaurant (on the left of Petchkasem just after the fly over when coming into Hua Hin from Takiap) ever got up and running again? Much to my disappointment, it was taken over, poorly, many moons ago and closed down. Just wondering if it ever returned and got back to serving the best goulash in Hua Hin.

I'll be spending a week or so down there soon so want to identify other good ,quiet drinking spots in addition to Tom and Gee's 'Boat' and 'Tik's'.

:cheers:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Restaurant News

Post by Pagey »

GLC : Pan Din Tong was one of my favourites also. I believe HHFarang was in touch with the owner to contact him if they re opened somewhere if I remember correctly but I haven't seen any news of them opening elsewhere.

The original place has re opened with a lovely lady (Noi I think?) who had a small restaurant directly opposite MV with a tree growing in the middle ! That reopened recently as a coffee shop. She is well know amongst Thais for her noodle soup but just another Thai restaurant to me.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Has Pan Din Tong restaurant re-opened

Post by hhfarang »

Sadly no, it is gone forever as far as I know.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?