Urgent - Best Thai resturants

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Urgent - Best Thai resturants

Post by Bristolian »

Hi guys...I think my first time of asking for help in this thread

I have just opened an email from my CEO who says he will arrive in HH tomorrow for one week with his wife and sons who are in their 20s. He is asking for recommendations for good Thai restaurants.

I know what he is looking for and the price, believe me is no issue.

He will be looking for good food, service, location and ambience

I am looking for help from you foodies who really know your stuff….. I need to be 100% sure

Please can you provide me with some quick and safe recommendations when the cost is not the issue….yes I know that Thai food is often best from more modest establishments but modest is not the name of the game. Thai or Thai seafood with good location and ambience

Thanks in advance guys….where would you go if someone else was picking up the bill? 
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Urgent - Best Thai resturants

Post by richard »

CoCo51
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Check out these opinions.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27727
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Putahrasca
Whatever the other fancy one on that road is called.
Supatra is really nice ambience at night. Fork left when you get to the police point past the Hyatt. Well signposted. The sizzling platters are great. You can take your own wine if you wish but I only recall wobbling out happy either way and not being too poor in the morning. 12 years plus now.
The Dusit/Hyatt/Centara
The vineyard
Several seafood places on the front. Not fancy setting but very popular with wealthy Thais at weekends and authentic fresh food. Chao Lay stands out for me and I am fussy.

Crazy 88
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Thanks guys, your responses are really appreciated. For those of you "out and about" enjoying good restaurants this evening i would appreciate any additional input by lunchtime tomorrow, when i need to reply with recommendations.

i have to finally admit that i am not a foodie ....simple suits me fine but that's not what he will expect. Whatever he is a good guy and would accept an "i dont know" but many of you guys are experts so a good selectiion of options are great

primary considerations ....Good Thai food, good location good ambience ....forget the price
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thai seafood with good location and ambience
Cholay on the little pier is really nice we eat there every time we are in Hua Hin always good food, and a lovely setting over the water lapping in that's our kinda ambience .

kendo.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Bristolian wrote: primary considerations ....Good Thai food, good location good ambience ....forget the price
If that's what he's looking for and you're keen to impress then take him to one of the Hotels. Hilton, Intercon, Dusit etc.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

kendo wrote:
Thai seafood with good location and ambience
Cholay on the little pier is really nice we eat there every time we are in Hua Hin always good food, and a lovely setting over the water lapping in that's our kinda ambience .

kendo.
I agree it is a fine place to dine but would hazard a guess that it's not quite up to a CEO and his families standards.

There again my view of a CEO may be clouded by my thinking they 'dine fine' when visiting a place and don't quibble about the cost.
Last edited by richard on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I had a similar situation, group was staying at amari-- REAL HIGH ROLLERS. Arrived late after bad road trip down, did not want to travel to eat, I walked them to cicada MKT, which has great street food. They were totally delighted said it was the best night and best Thai food they had had in a week in Thai.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

I think the best for Thai Food and atmosphere is Baan Issara. Is always packed with Thai's at week-ends and the atmosphere by the sea next to the palace takes some beating. Is always clean and the service is always first class. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Easy to find take beach road north out of town and is on right just before the end of the road :D :D
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

So was your CEO a happy bunny?

Apologies. I'm such a nosy Tyke sometimes :oops:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^As far as I know he was happy, I provided him with a list of activities, places to visit and the restaurant recommendations provided by the forum. I came back to BKK early on Monday morning leaving him and his family to do their own thing.

I still have a desk in my office and my company car keys are still in my pocket so, all I can say is so far so good. :D

I am sure that he will provide some feedback when he gets back to Germany next week.....I'll keep you posted of any reports - Good or Bad
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

If he is there for one week. Maybe try Let's Sea. I had quite a good meal there last time. It is sort of international in the menu side of it. A bit expensive though.

Personally I prefer the idea one night of the market food. They normally have some entertainment too if he has children.

Let's Sea

http://www.letussea.com/dine-al-fresco/
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

You dont have to pay big money for good Thai food - try these 3 places

Supatra by the Sea - Takieb
Rom Mai - about 300m from Ciccada market (south)
Chao Lay mentioned before - sea food is good and very consistent there.
Moon Smile is great but yiu must order Thai style otherwise its very sweet food.

As far as going to Hilton etc I am sure he will have been to much better places than these -

La Bistro is still serving lovely food, I havent been for ages but glowing reports for Dacha in soi 94.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've been to both Rom Mai and Chao Lay and agree that the rood there is excellent.

But they guy is looking for ambience and 5-start service. Rom Mai has neither, and Chao Lay only arguably has ambience.

The OP was looking to impress his CEO and price was no object so, personal feelings about favourite restaurants aside, I wouldn't risk anything other than a hotel where you're pretty much guaranteed the kind of service you're looking for. And in the unlikely event of having a bad meal/poor service, there'll be somebody you can complain to who will at least pay lip-service to your issues and make it look like you've tried to resolve the issue.