Thai And Fusion Food

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Thai And Fusion Food

Post by kendo »

Now my wife like most Thai's really have a passion for food. She has lived in the UK with me for well over eight years and the first thing in the morning she wants to talk about is what are we going to have for dinner (she drives me absolutely nuts in a nice kinda way) :D I swear she must dream about food and then is just on a mission to bend my ear with it.

She has always been hooked on all the cooking programmes and when I see the note pad and pen come out I know she is going to ask me to take her shopping. There is nothing she can't cook to a really high standard and she makes an absolutely top notch roast dinner.

Some of her fun is to experiment with food and try new things so this thread is to share a few idea's and be creative, so here go's to kick things off.

Palini's Spicy Pork And Coconut Burgers
Ingredients

Minced Pork
Desiccated Coconut
Thai Red Curry Paste
Dried Chilli Flakes
Whisky
Salt And Pepper

This is amazing and so simple to make just add desiccated coconut to minced pork add Thai red curry dried chilli flakes a splash of whisky salt and pepper, mix well through out then form into burgers and leave for half an hour.

These are fantastic on the BBQ and always talked about amongst friends and family the spice level is up to you we have them normal, but when I have the lads come around I ask her to crank the spicy up Issan style. I also love to eat these chilled from the fridge when I come home from the pub seriously good beer food for a piss head. :mrgreen:

Kendo. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Re: Thai And Fusion Food

Post by Siani »

kendo wrote:Now my wife like most Thai's really have a passion for food. She has lived in the UK with me for well over eight years and the first thing in the morning she wants to talk about is what are we going to have for dinner (she drives me absolutely nuts in a nice kinda way) :D I swear she must dream about food and then is just on a mission to bend my ear with it.

She has always been hooked on all the cooking programmes and when I see the note pad and pen come out I know she is going to ask me to take her shopping. There is nothing she can't cook to a really high standard and she makes an absolutely top notch roast dinner.

Some of her fun is to experiment with food and try new things so this thread is to share a few idea's and be creative, so here go's to kick things off.

Palini's Spicy Pork And Coconut Burgers
Ingredients

Minced Pork
Desiccated Coconut
Thai Red Curry Paste
Dried Chilli Flakes
Whisky
Salt And Pepper

This is amazing and so simple to make just add desiccated coconut to minced pork add Thai red curry dried chilli flakes a splash of whisky salt and pepper, mix well through out then form into burgers and leave for half an hour.

These are fantastic on the BBQ and always talked about amongst friends and family the spice level is up to you we have them normal, but when I have the lads come around I ask her to crank the spicy up Issan style. I also love to eat these chilled from the fridge when I come home from the pub seriously good beer food for a piss head. :mrgreen:

Kendo. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Kendo I have only just seen you post. I am going to try your Palini's Spicy Pork And Coconut Burgers. I am going to try it without the whisky as not too keen on it. Will let you know the outcome :) Thanks
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

You could even grate some shallots into the forgot to add that.

Kendo. :D

Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Ultimate Thai fusion. Som Tam sandwich. Easy to make, just a couple of slices of bread and Som Tam from your favourite vendor.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Thais like ice cream sandwiches I suppose not that much different from an Arctic Roll.

Kendo. :cheers:

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Pancakes

My wife makes these lovely seafood pancakes

Ingredients
New Zealand Green Shell Mussels (or baby shrimps)
Knorr Sea Food Mix batter or a batter mix and add your own seafood seasoning
Bean Sprouts
Spring Onion
Egg
Oil
Sweet Chilli Sauce

Steam mussels or shrimps de-shell, make batter mix quite thin with water.
Heat frying pan to a very hot temperature add a little cooking oil, add Batter Mix Mussels or shrimps Cook until golden brown add a beaten egg when almost cooked add Bean Sprouts and Spring Onions and cook for a couple more minutes.

Serve with a sweet chilli sauce dip.

These seafood pancakes have amazing textures and are really quite different.

Palini's Tropical Pancakes

Ingredients
Batter Mix
Mango
Desiccated Coconut
Brown Sugar
Chilli Flakes (optional)
Lime
Oil

Slice Mango very thinly allow to dry both sides for a few minutes, heat a frying pan till very hot add a tea spoon of cooking oil. Add Desiccated Coconut to the Batter Mix cook the pancake until golden brown in the normal way then plate up the pancake. Add the slices of Mango sprinkle a little brown sugar and chilli flakes (optional) fold the pancake and give it a generous twist of Lime juice. :thumb:

I love these, the Desiccated Coconut stays really hot whilst eating the pancake .

Kendo. :cheers: