Kims Kitchen

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Awu

Kims Kitchen

Post by Awu »

After Kims Kitchen renovate with new roof the staff is changed and the new chef is no good.
Anyone that knows where the old staff is working now?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Kims Kitchen

Post by Lung Per »

Awu wrote:After Kims Kitchen renovate with new roof the staff is changed and the new chef is no good.
Anyone that knows where the old staff is working now?
Could you be a bit more specific, please? Why do you say the new chef no good, is the food badly prepared or has the menu changed to your disliking. Please explain.

:tsk:
A friend is only one click away
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I dont like the western food there but i think the Thai food is very good.
during the re-vamp i spoke with a man who was there, i believe he owns a bar in BB, really nice man from England with an '80's hairstyle, but i havent seen him there since?!
I was'nt here when the old crew was working it so i cant make judge the food with before.
The sweet & sour chicken is really good :)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Rone

Post by Rone »

Yes, he owns the Romantic Bar on Binta, nice guy. I like the place but I have to say the old staff were a bit miserable and prone to getting the order wrong. They never ever smiled, no matter how often you went in there and even when you left a tip. But I hope they have found other work. The older lady who did all the cooking was pretty good and it will be a pity if she has left.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

80's hairstyle :lach: :lach: :naughty:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

the cute waitress at Kim's remembers my custom breakfast everytime I come in. She always smiles and I get smiles from all the other staff as well. They even asked me to look into the kitchen to show me the different kinds of "bacon" they have. I am always looking for a cheap breakfast with not very many flies.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
leither69

Post by leither69 »

I have eaten there on numerous occassions, both western and thai, I explain how I want a dish cooked and heve never had a problem. Decent staff also
Awu

Post by Awu »

Before they closed up for renovation I eat at Kims at least 3 times/week and was never disappointed, fast service, tasty food, big portions and all for a nice price. Yesterday was the first time I eat there after the re open and I ordered a simple pad thai, took very long time, small portion and the worst pad thai I ever eat in HH.
Maybe the chef had a bad day or something and I will give them another chance but I would like to know where the old staff went so if somebody knows or will see them pls tell :)
Awu

Post by Awu »

I have been giving them a few more chances now and have to say the new chef is as good as the old one and the other staff are more polite so all is just good :)
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

Agreed, food is still good, but i was with a table of 5, 2 nights ago and they seemed to be cooking & serving one dish at a time, a bit odd. maybe they dont have a hotplate??
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

[Self promotion is not permitted on this forum]
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

:-)

You're back then !!
See you for beer in a few weeks ;-)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
properperson
Amateur
Amateur

Post by properperson »

theprice01 wrote:I dont like the western food there but i think the Thai food is very good.
during the re-vamp i spoke with a man who was there, i believe he owns a bar in BB, really nice man from England with an '80's hairstyle, but i havent seen him there since?!
I was'nt here when the old crew was working it so i cant make judge the food with before.
The sweet & sour chicken is really good :)

many restaurants seem to struggle to serve up decent Thai and Ferang food.

Many's the time me and my (Thai) missus have been to a restaurant and i'm happy with my food, but she's got a face as long as a gas man's mack when she's tried hers.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

^^ thats why i tend to stick to European restaurants for Euro food and Thai restaurant for Thai food, a safer bet i think
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I went to Kims tonight to find it closed, a notice saying 'sorry we're closed, will tell you when we open again'
Does anyone know whats going on?!
ps, hope your ok US