Thai cook books for western dishes

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
buksida

Thai cook books for western dishes

Post by buksida »

Having recently added to our ample collection of kitchen appliances (it already looks like a Zanussi showroom in there) I'd like to find a cook book or recipe site in Thai for western dishes.

This way the missus can actually try out the new oven as opposed to just marvelling at its presence on the worktop next to the blender.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Just a thought, but why don't you show her the basics.
Go into town, buy a few bits and pieces and explain the rudiments.
My missus has picked up Western and Indian cooking really quickly. It was only necessary to show her once and she was there. Mostly it gets done better than I can do it now and there's always some new "experiment" that never makes the same dish boring.
Just give her some latitude with the chillies and allow her to add fish sauce to everything, but only on her plate after it's cooked :thumb:
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

There is a book (Mum had it in BKK where she had a full time helper). Afraid I can't remember the name, something like "Farang food for Thais", but it's in English & Thai, with recipes like Shepherd's Pie & Roast Turkey, all that sort of stuff. It was quite a good little book. Bookazine might have it.
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!