Magic Baloon Restaurant BEWARE !!!

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Tunafish
Amateur
Amateur

Magic Baloon Restaurant BEWARE !!!

Post by Tunafish »

I went to Magic Baloon on a Saturday evening about 20 days ago and spent a couple of hours there enjoying reasonable food, an enjoyable atmosphere and good live music.
This evening (Wednesday) I returned there and ordered 2 pizzas to take away and a glass of red wine while I am waiting. The wine promptly came, and I am left waiting and waiting and waiting...
After 35 minutes, it was obvous that I (as the only customer) was being igonred.
I left THB120 under my wine glass and departed hungry and frustrated. Unless you are russian, give this place a BIG MISS. They can keep their rudeness and arogance for their home country, no need to export it here.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Re: Magic Baloon Restaurant BEWARE !!!

Post by theprice01 »

Didn't you ask them what the hold up was?! i know i would of.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Good Lord, since when do you need to be a Russian national in order to get pizza? I could understand if it was an Italian place, but Russian?

Jokes aside, you could have called someone over and asked where your pizzas are. :thumb:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
frank1957

Post by frank1957 »

been to the magic balloon restaurant and never had a problem, friendly and no waiting
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I'm rather pleased that Tunafish is doing hatchet jobs on these places on Pala U Rd having previously given negative reviews on Family Restaurant and Restaurant Philippe. All he managed to do was actually promote these establishments and further enhance the dining experience without having to sit near a grumpy old git.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

So... customer orders wine and pizza to go, is served wine but pizza does not turn up. No other customers but obviously a chip on his shoulder about Russians. I would not imagine being the only customer that it would be difficult to attract attention and ask what has happened. Some people enjoy the chance to chill away from the bustle of the tribe and use the excuse of slow service for their long absence.

Even mentions that previous visit was okay.

Whenever I see a complaint type post I always look to see how many posts this person has made as invariably they have not made many which can be interpreted in various ways.

Is this a secret ploy for negative postive advertising that the place is open during the week and quiet so if you don't want to go when the crowds are there this is a good opportunity.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

i get the impression he would probably moan about the takeout food from 7/11 lol
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Maybe he is the leader of the 'Grumpy Old Men' brigade mentioned on another thread.

Ne'er mind. Have any of you ever seen a 'tunafish' with a smile on it's face?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Please keep the racism out of this thread.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Ate at Magic Balloon many times, the chef is a really nice guy and will accomodate whatever you want.
The russian lady who is usually there is very nice, if someone complained that she was too quiet i could almost understand..... almost.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

can't recognize this,have been there a couple of time and they is very polite and helpfull if you ask a question be it about the menu or the ballon park.

why should it be a "russian" thing I have been to many different restaurant around the world and owners from many countries and never could find some that are specially arrogant because they
are from a specific country.

Think I will go and order the best pizza I have so far very soon. :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I'm hungry now after reading this..
...I'm on my way up there to snaffel 2 un-eaten pizzas.. :naughty: :wink:
Khundon1975
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Khundon1975 »

Dumb enough to wait 35 minutes but obviously not capable of asking owner "excuse me, I ordered 2 pizza's with my wine".

:banghead:
I've lost my mind and I am making no effort to find it.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

tunafish how about giving us a few tips on restaurants that are to your standard and that you really like, if there are any !
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

He did, in one of his previous threads...He actually recommended a Russian owned restaurant on Soi 94 which is surprising given his racist,bigoted attack on Magic Balloon Park :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.