La Rumba - soi 94

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Re: La Rumba - soi 94

Post by Henry 14th »

Any info on what's on the menu apart from pizza?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dalmatiandave
Professional
Professional

Post by dalmatiandave »

Well I can offer an insight into what was available on the pre opening tasting night and just will add a disclaimer that these items represented small portions of the most tasty main courses which may just further point to them being on the main menu once the restaurant started for normal custom on the 10th. Only those eating there from the 10th or the owner can attest to these items being on the menu but it does give a great indication of the type of South American food they are/will be offering in future. I wish them well and they will have my custom in the coming weeks.

On offer were:

Asado Negro - cuts of meat stewed in it's juices with Jasmin rice and sweet bananas

Moules frites - Mussels cooked with butter, garlic, parsley and cream with French fries

Vuelve a la vida - Seafood cocktail with a base of tomato sauce, red onions and coriander with a spicy touch

Falafel con babgamush - Garbanzos croquettes with smoked eggplants cream accompanied with yoghurt sauce and a touch of paprika

Pabellon venezolano - Traditional South American dish with rice, black beans, shredded meat, sweet bananas and mango chutney

Pargo en salsa de coco y curry - Red snapper with coconut and curry sauce served with sauteed Jasmin rice and fresh herbs

Orichietti con queso azul y pechuga de pollo al vino tinto - Chicken breast stewed in red wine accompanied with orichietti in danish blue cheese cream, broccoli y cherry tomatoes

There were a few other items with a South American flavour. I would suggest going there to check it out.

Further disclaimer - I have nothing to do with this enterprise, i just happened to have a copy of their menu for the pre opening evening.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Sounds good but where do the 4 owners come from? South America?

Up market? mid market or a good for grub place?

Just curious as I have 2 friends coming from Argentina soon and it might fit their bill. Having said that I doubt they will have anything to offer to beat an Argie steak
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Yeah sounds good, will make a stop sometime this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

Hello everyone !

First of all let us precise that we are not very familiar with this forum and its rules, we hope we are allowed to answer some of the questions that have been raised here without it to be considered as advertising. We already entered in contact with the admins to make an advertorial topic abiding by the rules.

We are very grateful to all of the forum members here that took the initiative to introduce our restaurant to the community. We were really pleased to read such positive feedbacks about our food and our menu !

kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I was going to prompt you on sponsoring this forum it will really add value to your business model.
Next time in town I will come by and give your restaurant a go, I have been to Magarita island can you get Polar Beer.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

We have not heard from you yet LaRumba so please email headoffice @ huahinmedia.com if you wish to use this forum to promote your restaurant. If we do not hear from you your post will be removed in accordance with our T&Cs on self promotion - advertising here is ridiculously cheap at 16 baht per day.
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

We filled the contact page two days ago and sent you a message to have more details, if you didn't receive it it might be a mistake of ours. We will write to you from our yahoo mail account to avoid any further miscommunication.

Thank you.
La Rumba team.
LaRumba

Post by LaRumba »

Lev, we wish we had Polar Beer ! Hopefully soon we will find a way to make it arrive until here.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Our partners at Hua Hin Media have sent you all the details - we look forward to promoting your restaurant on HHF, Hua Hin's best read website.

Edit: no response a week later, thread locked under our self promotion regulations.