Soi 114 Thai Cuisine Recommendations

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
billy70
Rookie
Rookie

Soi 114 Thai Cuisine Recommendations

Post by billy70 »

Our family is coming to HH in a few weeks and I've found this forum to be a wonderfully rich source of advice.

In looking through all of the recommendations, I don't see to many restaurants around Soi 114. Does anyone have any recommendations for Thai cuisine in the area?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Soi 114 Recommendations

Post by hhfarang »

I used to live just off 114 and to my knowledge that is totally a residential area. There is one restaurant on Soi 116 that serves western and Thai food, and several on 112 that serve both but I don't know of any on Soi 114.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
billy70
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Soi 114 Thai Cuisine Recommendations

Post by billy70 »

Thank you - we'll definitely have to explore Soi 112 and then take a taxi or tuk tuk further afield I expect.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Hi Billy 70 welcome to the forum. :thumb:

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

billy70 wrote:Thank you - we'll definitely have to explore Soi 112 and then take a taxi or tuk tuk further afield I expect.
The Sabai restaurant on 116 is pretty good, but as others have said, there are no restaurants on 114. Quite a few places on 112 although I can't recall the names of any specific restaurants to recommend.
billy70
Rookie
Rookie

Post by billy70 »

Thanks for the welcome and further great advice. Cheers!
t1ggyw1ggy10

Post by t1ggyw1ggy10 »

I used to live on soi 112 and frequented often mr mon restaurant .mix of thai and European . Very good IMO .
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

billy70 wrote:Our family is coming to HH in a few weeks and I've found this forum to be a wonderfully rich source of advice.

In looking through all of the recommendations, I don't see to many restaurants around Soi 114. Does anyone have any recommendations for Thai cuisine in the area?
There is a similar thread here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19846
billy70
Rookie
Rookie

Post by billy70 »

Thank you - that's most helpful. Sorry for the faux pas.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

billy70 wrote:I don't see to many restaurants around Soi 114. Does anyone have any recommendations for Thai cuisine in the area?
I know you are asking about restaurants but if you are staying in the Soi 114 area you might be interested to know that there is a rather new Tesco Lotus store more or less opposite where Soi 114 connects to the main road.

It's rather large, not as large as the one in Market Village tough, and good enough for daily groceries and household supplies. They even have some ready to eat Thai food. I can't comment on the quality of that but at least it's cheap.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Dannie Boy wrote:
billy70 wrote:Thank you - we'll definitely have to explore Soi 112 and then take a taxi or tuk tuk further afield I expect.
The Sabai restaurant on 116 is pretty good, but as others have said, there are no restaurants on 114. Quite a few places on 112 although I can't recall the names of any specific restaurants to recommend.
Sabai is excellent I agree however I went up yesterday and it was closed for for holiday June/July. It is up for sale but hopefully it will re-open after the holiday.