Newly discovered food supply company

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Newly discovered food supply company

Post by Takiap »

This past weekend, while out cycling with the kids, I got told about a food supply place up near the road that takes you to Springfield, called "Easy Way Food Supply Company". The guy who told me about it also picked up a price list and after having looked at it, I'm really surprised that I'd never heard of the place before. So, now I'm just curious - am I the only one who has never heard of this place before? Apparently they supply a lot of restaurants and hotels and do deliveries as well, should you be in the mood for being lazy. :laugh:

Prices seem to be on a par with Makro but I could be wrong. Might be of some interest to those of you who are running a restaurant.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Newly discovered food supply company

Post by Dannie Boy »

Do you have to buy catering size, or is it suitable for normal family consumption?
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

what kind of food? anything special
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

From the list I was given it seems a lot of the foods are sold in 1 kg packs but there are a lot of items also sold in smaller and bigger quantities. Hey, and they sell veal. :D :D :D

Like I said before, their prices seem to be much the same as Makro. Also, they don't many of the groceries one can find at Makro.

I just checked the price list out again and I see the place is actually called "Easy Way Food Supply And Trading Co. LTD".

Open Monday to Saturday, 08h00 to 17h00.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Thanks for the heads up,this place is great,i bought norwegian salmon at 495bht a kilo normally 620bht at makro,they cut it into 200gm slices,
lambshoulder from nz 395kilo normally 530bht at makro,
aus ribeye fillet 690kg in 2kg lots which they cut in to 250gm pieces
mozarella cheese 390bht a kilo, pork fatboy sausages 180bht a kilo,i spent about 5000bht,i think they sell in any sizes.
It looks like a wholesale set up to service hotels but were quite happy to take any size order i think.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Where is it exactly? I live on Pu Wai road, which runs west from Springfield@Sea on the HH-Cha-am highway to the bypass. Never seen it or heard of it until now.
This is the way
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Great info, would also be interested in its location.... Thanks!!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

BOZ wrote:Great info, would also be interested in its location.... Thanks!!!!
https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx? ... &mkt=en-GB
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Dannie Boy wrote:
BOZ wrote:Great info, would also be interested in its location.... Thanks!!!!
https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx? ... &mkt=en-GB
If you head north on petkhasem rd pass the airport heading towards cha am,you take the first left past isuzu and the ptt/7-11 garage this is the same road which takes you to springfield golf and imperial golf club,
the shop/warehouse is 200metres on the left.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

they give you a brochure and you select from the list of foods,they go into the cold room and bring it back to you,i didnt walk in and browse around,
they also will butcher it to the size you want.
It all comes in 1 to 2 kilo lots,i don't think they would let you buy smaller sizes
BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

Damn, close by my place, nice to have options!!!!!
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Stopped in at this place today just to have a look.
As stated, it's not a conventional 'shop' - you can't see any of the items. It is quite obviously aimed principally at the wholesale market, but as long as you don't just want a couple of slices of ham and 100g of cheese, it looks like a very good place for anyone to go - particularly if you have a freezer.

You order from a price list. There's an extremely wide range of meat, seafood and dairy products at what at first glance appear to be very reasonable prices.

We now have a price list, and it's less than 10 mins drive from us, so we'll certainly give things like sausages, bacon, cheese and a roasting joint a try soon.
This is the way
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Takiap wrote:From the list I was given it seems a lot of the foods are sold in 1 kg packs but there are a lot of items also sold in smaller and bigger quantities. Hey, and they sell veal. :D :D :D

REAL veal?

Like as in a cow/bull (young bull is prime veal)

Certainly NOT a pig
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I popped into there this last week & got a price list from them..everything we use/need on a regular basis was cheaper at Makro..(sausages, bacon, french fries, etc).
There were plenty of loading activity outside when I pulled up..my guess is they supply most of the big hotels around town..& deliver also.
(never asked about delivery fees/min spend..?)
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

richard wrote:
Takiap wrote:From the list I was given it seems a lot of the foods are sold in 1 kg packs but there are a lot of items also sold in smaller and bigger quantities. Hey, and they sell veal. :D :D :D

REAL veal?

Like as in a cow/bull (young bull is prime veal)

Certainly NOT a pig

Judging from the price, I would imagine it's proper veal, I think from New Zealand.