Sunday Roast in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Sunday Roast in Hua Hin

Post by Frank La Rue »

If I approach an allready discussed subject I apollogize for not searching deep enough, BUT:

I spent 12 years in the UK ( Weybridge - Surrey) in my previous marriage (no, ex-wife is not english but Singapore - Chinese) and I got addicted to proper Sunday Roast.
I know there are several good Pubs in BKK and Pattaya, but unfortunately these locations are off the radarscreen for me to live.

So, can I get a good Sunday Roast on the West Coast - Petchaburi - to Pranburi?
I am flexible with regards to the roast itself, turkey, chicken, beef, Pork, but Yorshire pudding, honney-glazed parsnips and Grand Ma's Roast Potatoes with gravy is vital.
Oh yes, ...and baby carrots.

Advice is much appreciated
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
PeteC

Re: Sunday Roast!

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

With a large UK expat population here, Sunday roasts are all over town... from just a little over 100 baht to over 1000, depending on your budget (There used to even be a free one but I'm not sure if it's still on or not).
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Best one Ive had recently was at The Beach House kite surf bar on Pranburi Beach. Really brilliant home cooked roast, Pork Belly, Roast tatties, leeks, cauli cheese, carrots roasted in Garlic, Proper Puds, great gravy.. really was the business - better to check out their site online and let them know if u gonna go :)
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Without any doubt the Palm Bistro has the best Sunday Roast in the vicinity of Hua Hin - they advertise on this forum so you can see the deal and although a few Baht more you really get what you pay for IMO
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

JW wrote:Best one Ive had recently was at The Beach House kite surf bar on Pranburi Beach. Really brilliant home cooked roast, Pork Belly, Roast tatties, leeks, cauli cheese, carrots roasted in Garlic, Proper Puds, great gravy.. really was the business - better to check out their site online and let them know if u gonna go :)
A man after my own heart. Yorkshire puts with pork. No need to save them only for Beef. I remember my local, in the UK, serving a plate size Yorkshire pud with the whole roast dinner contained within. A man sized Sunday lunch. :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

sinatras on soi 102 do a pretty good roast
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I do remember as a child that we ate the Sunday roast for lunch on Sunday and then for dinner on Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday. Now I prefer it for dinner on sunday.
In Yorkshire I had the left overs, stewed with the left over veg and gravy and served in a Y Pud, oh I'm starting to slobber.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

oakdale160 wrote:I do remember as a child that we ate the Sunday roast for lunch on Sunday and then for dinner on Monday, Tuesday and even Wednesday. Now I prefer it for dinner on sunday.
In Yorkshire I had the left overs, stewed with the left over veg and gravy and served in a Y Pud, oh I'm starting to slobber.
Same, same. My Yorkshire family roast went something like this. Hot with Y pud on Sunday lunchtime, Cold with chips and Y pud on Monday Then converted into potted meat and dripping and used until gone during the rest of the week. Our Y puds were always served as starters as well as the main meal
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

Thanks guys, I am starving allready!
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

When my kids were small they said, why do we only have Yorkshires with beef, we said no reason and had it all the time. Then they said, why do we only have cranberry sauce with turkey, no reason, so we had it on the table all the time.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

There is never any left over Yorkshire pudding in my house :? Better make more next time :idea:

Ok is it individual Yorkshire ore Giant one that is favourite?

[attachment=0]beef.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
beef.jpg
beef.jpg (12.11 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Had what I consider as the best Sunday lunch this last weekend. 'Nongs Pie Shop' in Takieb. They've not been doing it for long but comprises of pork, beef, stuffing, roast potatoes, cauliflower, broccolli, sprouts and great gravy. All served in a plate sized yorkshire (which you could use as a Taliban hat!).

I'll be going again but because it's a small place, booking is essential.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

HHTel wrote:Had what I consider as the best Sunday lunch this last weekend. 'Nongs Pie Shop' in Takieb. They've not been doing it for long but comprises of pork, beef, stuffing, roast potatoes, cauliflower, broccolli, sprouts and great gravy. All served in a plate sized yorkshire (which you could use as a Taliban hat!).

I'll be going again but because it's a small place, booking is essential.
how much is thhat going for? are the yorkshires crispy it the top?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

and 4 inches deep?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.