Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Curry house at the top of soi 80

Post by bsdk1960 »

toddyp wrote:Has anyone tried the curry house at the top of soi 80 because if you havent get down there tonight i cant remember the name of it but you cant miss it

sanjay indian

:cheers: :cheers:
Ren
Novice
Novice

Re: Indian restaurants in Hua Hin

Post by Ren »

Sent to Zafrana on 61 just behind the German restaurant on Tuesday night.
Was blown away by the flavour and quantity of the starters. That alone and a naan, which were perfect, would have been plenty. But as being a greedy bugger, I also had the mutton rogon Josh for main which was great.
Avoiid the butter chicken as it really tomatoey.
Better than any Indian I've had in the uk (except at home, I am Indian)
Apparently the Royal is supposed to be better. Will comment when I get there.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Been to the one at the top of soi 80 a couple of times recently. Since the Nepalese family sold out, I'm afraid it's gone down the pan. It used to be full every night and the food was excellent. Mostly empty now and the food is very inferior.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's the 2nd time I've read a similar comment about Soi 80. We've been using the Soi 88 food court recently, and one of our
favourites has been the Indian stall of the same name, which is still very good and excellent value.

Did they sell out and re-start at the food court, or are the new owners operating both. If the latter, the food in the food court is just as good as I ever remember it.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Can't say for sure, but I was told the Nepalese family sold out to a Thai and is now run by Thais. If that's true then it would explain the drop in standard of Indian food.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I ask because my son told me the food court stall had the same lady serving who used to serve us at Soi 80.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

It also says on the signage in the food court that they are from soi 80
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

I am a huge fan of Indian food but I don't usually venture out that much from Chicken Vindaloo or Chicken Tikka Masala. I wanted to post a couple of photos just to show you the difference between two different restaurants that I have ordered take out from in the past few weeks.

The first photo is from Sanjyi Restaurant on Soi 80, Chicken Tikka Masala. Extremely tasty and and a great mix of herbs and spices.

The second dish is from S&S on Soi 94, as you can see the chicken is swimming in oil, (I had already eaten half of the dish at this point) but it completely overpowered the dish to the point of being inedible... I didn't call them and complain because I am the kind of person that votes with my wallet. My business will go to Sanjyi in the future :D :D
Attachments
2015-07-27 21.06.06.jpg
2015-07-27 21.06.06.jpg (94.21 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
2015-07-10 22.15.22.jpg
2015-07-10 22.15.22.jpg (118.54 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Sanjyi also have a food stall in the corner of Soi 88 food court.
I ordered food from there a few weeks ago and it was spot on.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I've eaten at the one in Soi 88 on two occasions and both times the food has been mediocre. Absolutley fine for the price, but certainly nothing to rave about.
shiva indian

Post by shiva indian »

SHIVA RESTAURANT WITH ITS PRIME LOCATION IN HUA HIN TOWN ,NUMEROUS DISHES OF GREAT CUISNE AND IS A BEST CHOICE FOR GOOD VEGETARIAN ,NON VEGETARIAN FOOD AND AMBIENCE.
SHIVA RESRAURANT IS ABOUT EXPERIENCING A FEST, A CELEBRATION ALONG WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN A COSY MODERN SETTING. A PLACE WHERE AUTHENTIC INDIAN PURE VEGETARIAN AND NON.VEGETARIAN CUISINE AND DISHES FROM NORTH AND SOUTH OF INDIA ARE PREPARED USING HIGH QUALITY FRESH INGREDIENTS AND SERVED IN A FUSION OF INDIAN AND THAI HOSPITALITY.

OUR NEXT BUFFT ON FRIDAY 27th OF NOVEMBER
M E N U

STATER:
TANDOORI CHICKEN BREST/ TANDOORI PANNER TIKKA / ONION BAJEE/ VEGETABLE PAKORAS/ MASALA PAPADUM/ PLAIN PAPADUM
MAIN DISHES:
LAMB VINDALOO(SPICY) /BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA/ PROWN COOKED WITH OKRA/ INDIAN GOA FISH CURRY
VEGETARIAN DISHES:
ALOO GOBHI/ VEGETABLE BIRYANI/ BINDHI MASALA/ MIXED VEGETABLE BALTHI/ DAL TADKA
SIDE DISHES:
GARLIC NAN/ BUTTER NAN/ SAFRAN RICE/ PULAV RICE/ BASMATI RICE/ MIXED REITA/ MANGO CHATNI/ MANGO PICKEL
THAI DISHES: 5 EXCELLENT HOME MADE THAI DISHES INCLUDING LIVE MUSIC(ENGLISH/THAI/HINDI)
ALL THIS FOR ONLY 400 THB
FOR RESERVATION PLEASE CALL:032 652 546 MOBIL NO:09 55 60 70 45
BUFFET OPEN 6PM TO 11PM /NORMAL OPEN EVERY DAY 11AM TO11PM
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

If you are talking about SHIVA then I totally disagree. It is way better than anything else in Hua Hin and I can speak for the last 9 years - just be grateful ! Prior to their start up I suppose SS in Soi 94 was the best value and is OK but this was frankly comparing it to the worst Indian restaurants I have ever experienced is very many countries
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

PET wrote:If you are talking about SHIVA then I totally disagree. It is way better than anything else in Hua Hin and I can speak for the last 9 years - just be grateful ....bla bla bla
Please "quote" someone if you're going to reply to a thread from 4 months ago as no-one has any idea who you are replying to.

After 9 years here, I would have thought you'd already know how to read the time and date.

Regarding 'Shiva's', went for a buffet a few Fridays ago. Food decent. Couldn't eat my 400 baht's worth. Manager took up my time explaining how the red carpet (in the front) was laid out for a member of the 'Rolex' family who had recently visited. Oh... and a big shot from the 'Shell' corp., apparently.

Right tosser that guy. Thinks it's cool to boast about 'knowing' rich people.

:banghead:
MrAngrit
Novice
Novice

Post by MrAngrit »

I ate from Sanjyi in the Soi 88 Food Court yesterday, ordered chicken jalfrezi + naan bread + rice + chutney. Portions not big, the jalfrezi not chilli hot but all v. tasty and only 100 Baht. I'm sure if I'd asked them to put more chilli in the jalfrezi they'd have been happy to do it.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I went back to the 'Indian' at soi 80 yesterday for lunch for the first time in a long time. Wasn't impressed. Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Rogan Josh appeared to have same sauce, which was a tad sweet (according to my pal, can't say I noticed). No samosas :shock: Naan bread extremely non-naan. Raita rather thin.

Not outrageously expensive, but not particularly cheap either. I probably have an Indian every few months, but this one was a waste.
Back to Shiva for me. It has the added attraction of a beautiful garden environment, parking and not having to compete with traffic noise. [EDIT: Not to mention genuine Indian food cooked by genuine Indian [Nepalese?] people.]
This is the way