Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
crab
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by crab »

Pagey wrote:
crab wrote:I'm told that Oy will re-open some time in June in Soi 88, on the Phetkasem side of the railway line. I trust so, as I really can't do without it!
There are plenty of alternatives. Try Eat@huahin, a few metres further up 94 on the opposite side of the road. :cheers:
I've thought about Eat@huahin, but it has always seemed more focused on farang food than on Thai. Perhaps I was wrong. I quite like Restaurant 94, and lunched there yesterday. I ordered fish tom yam, pat pak bung, rice and water. All a little different from Oy's but quite good. However, the tom yam was less than half the quantity of Oy's (where I always doggybag half) and the bill was 290 baht against Oy's 210 baht.

There's no signage for Oy's on Soi 88 yet, but they're busily refurbishing the old closed place on the corner of the railway road, and I'm guessing that will be it.

:cheers: indeed.
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

We have heard it is going to be the restaurant on the corner of Soi 88 just over the railway. I was run by Khun Poo who is Belle's sister so it makes sense. She has gone to Bangkok. The menu was always similar to Oy's
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

And there was a notice on the outer fence a couple of days ago confirming that as the location.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

centermid7 wrote:^ this is a follow-up to Pagey's post.

I stopped by and spoke with the boss lady this morning in the location described above. She is open there during the day from 10 to 4 only. The good masala that has a following with this forum usually is not ready till 1'ish. She then closes that place and goes back to her spot in the food court at Big C in the evenings.
Looks like it's all change again but for the good as far as I'm concerned. It's been open when I drove past around 6 pm and I was told she has quit the location at Big C so stays open later at Soi 88 now. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I came back from Samut Sakhon about 9 last Sunday, and she was still open.

Points 41; Position 18
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The young man who has Sakura, Sakura buffet and restaurant 94 has opened another. On the site where OY was originally on 94, on the corner opposite 7/11.
This one is E-Sann Station, I looked at the menu, easy to understand, good meal for 150+ I'll try it this week.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I went tonight, really nicely decorated, I know we dont do reviews on this thread, but to use that strange British semi-compliment "I was not disappointed"
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

oakdale160 wrote:He could be rude to customersand very hard on staff. . Not rude to me, but made me cringe
Funny you say that, I liked eating there, not really because of the food, nothing special, but such a great place to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. Also watch people coming around the corner in typical Thai style, almost getting into an accident.

I noticed he was a very "opinionated" person to say the least. I never had an issue with him but I could see how someone who was also an alpha male type like him would have a problem...... There is usually room for only one alpha male in a room at one time!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
crab
Amateur
Amateur

Post by crab »

In the mini-arcade at Villa Market, Pizza Pizza closed a while ago, and now the Deya Deli has also closed. The latter I find unsurprising, given the owner's rather "individual" approach as a restaurateur: he lost me as a customer on my first visit before I had even completed ordering.

At least Oy's is now again up and running, although the pleasure of it is now diminished by the heavy traffic noise at its busy corner.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Duangs on Soi 94 has been closed since a 'for sale' sign went up about a week ago.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Homer wrote:Duangs on Soi 94 has been closed since a 'for sale' sign went up about a week ago.
Oops. Spoke too soon. She's open again.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

The old Castaway restaurant on Soi 94 in between Smile Resort and Narawan (sp?) has been given a makeover and is now open as U2 Beer Garden.

They still have the wood fired pizza oven, I had a ham & mushroom on Saturday night, 250 Baht, with other dishes to be available when they find the right chef.

Pool table, table tennis table, big screen and a play area for kids with slide, swings, punch ball and a few other activities, a much needed facility in my opinion as a father of a toddler.

Man in pub circa 1987.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Sounds like a good place Pagey..but ham and mushroom pie at 250 baht or over 5 quid sounds a bit over the top...can get a good steak for that at baan khun por.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Pizza Johnny boy from wood fired oven, not pie........

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Info regarding the Squealing Pig moved here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=33334

Points 41; Position 18