Soi 94 - More changes

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Soi 94 - More changes

Post by JW »

Roll on next week! I love proper fish and chips. Would be good if Luca does food also, his cooking is very highly rated. All good in soi 94.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Pagey wrote:More changes on Soi 94 from 1st June. The Italian who had Lucianos opposite the old Oy has taken over Bar Tender further up Soi 94. I don't know if he will keep as a bar or a new restaurant ??
The owner came along Soi 80 with some pamphlets for the place. Called 'Olivio'. The pictures of the pizza look amazing. Don't know if that's a genuine photo of their own pizza or a stock image, but it's genuine I think Pizza lovers are going to be in for a treat.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Just to flesh out an earlier post I had on this thread . .

I did make it to Mr Mon two nights ago and had his fish & chips . . breaded they were with just normal fries, side of beans for 150 Bt. Pleanty good but no need to go again just for that.

I did have a good meal of F&C on Soi 80 last week . . right in the middle of the soi in a little place wedged in between the bars but they don't sell the fish every night . . 200 Bt and probably the best I've found here in HH. That meal I would go back for.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Centermid : the place on Soi 80 is Victoria 2, owned by a well known expat, Barry, and mentioned in this thread on F & C viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20476&start=30

:cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Barry is the biz when it comes to serious british comfort food..... fish and chips/pies/sausage rolls, etc :cheers:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Had some pork pies (with jelly), cottage pies and cherry pies. All awesome I have to say.

:cheers:
SJ
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

pleng,

olivio is *not* owned by Luciano. Luciano now owns the old Bar Tender, which still has the old Bar Tender sign outside. Ronnie is now next door in the old Spanish place.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Ah sorry. I was given the pamphlet and a quick look at the map made me think it was the old Bar Tender. They must be pretty close together then?
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Well, having read this thread from beginning to end, I know BT is on soi 94, but I don't know where about on soi 94 it is. Is it on the actual soi itself, is there a sign, and is it before or after Gifs Kitchen?

Also, are the Cornish pasties "Real" Cornish pasties, or are they the type you would find in most UK bakeries? Unfortunately I had the good fortune of living next to an old woman that came from Cornwall, and she used to make real traditional pasties that were a far cry from anything I've ever found in any restaurant. Just curious, and will try them anyway, and probably enjoy them. :laugh:

These karate lessons my daughter is doing with John will surely be doing her a lot of good, but they could end up making me put on a whole lot of weight. :laugh: Then again, if that happens, I'll just have to enroll as well. :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just go towards the new Khun Oy - it's 2 doors on the right before you get there (I still haven't seen that horse though).
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Takiap : BT no longer exists. It is now called Lucianos and the owner of BT has moved next door, 2 doors down from the gym, past Olivios but before the junction where you turn left to Oy/Gifs. See the thread on fish & chips for an update. :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Most Fish & Chip related posts have now been moved to the Fish & Chips thread.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Went to a great little newly opened place last night on soi 94 called Khorat Kitchen. Good Issan food but the winner for me was the fish and chips at 140 baht and a big Leo for 60. :thumb:

They also had decent well priced pasta dishes and other western food, worth a look in if you're in the area.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Buksi : Battered fish and real chips ? If so then a short trip for me. :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote:Went to a great little newly opened place last night on soi 94 called Khorat Kitchen.
Where on Soi 94 please?

Points 48; Position 20